We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hubby never been to Cape Canaveral

Which Cape Canaveral hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boca Grande Florida
2 posts
Save Topic
Hubby never been to Cape Canaveral

I went to KSC and Cape Canaveral as a kid (eons ago!) and my want to take my hubby there on his bday in Feb (we are in our early 30's). Not sure where to stay, as the beachy hotels are way too expensive... we live on the west coast of FL, so flying is not an issue, it's only a 4 hour drive for us.... any cheap, but NICE ideas on where to stay? surrounding cities?

thanks!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hubby never been to Cape Canaveral

I would stay in Cocoa Beach. If you want a cheap motel there are several (not oceanside, of course) in the area. If you want a good oceanfront condo for good value check in to Discovery Beach on the ocean about two blocks away from the pier. Have fun!

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,159 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hubby never been to Cape Canaveral

They just built a County Inn & Suites at the cape near the port. You might check their rates as they are not right on the beach. We always stay at the Radisson but I think it may be over $100.00 night.

Cocoa Beach should have some less expensive places but beware some are not so great.

If you don't mind the drive there is La Quinta & Imperial Hotels which are near I-95 in Viera / Melbourne, about 30 minutes from KSC. They are near some decent restaurants too. And shopping.

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,964 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hubby never been to Cape Canaveral

The new Country Inn as mentioned is $89.00 a night. I would look on line for some good deals.

4. Re: Hubby never been to Cape Canaveral

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 17:20