We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a secluded place to go for the day while in Cape Coral

Omaha, Ne
Level Contributor
66 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Need a secluded place to go for the day while in Cape Coral

We are having our wedding in Cape Coral and am looking for a place that we can go to for the day after our wedding (to get away from everyone). We live in the Midwest and have not been to the area.

Here is what I'm looking for:

Boat access

A few outdoor restaurants/bars

Maybe a place that has a day spa

Some Shopping

Beach

I have heard about Captivia & Sanibel Island, but just unsure of how busy they are. I was also told about Caya Costa, but really unsure.......

Any other ideas would be great, I have no clue about the area!

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a secluded place to go for the day while in Cape Coral

Congratulations .... what time of the year will your visit be?

Omaha, Ne
Level Contributor
66 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a secluded place to go for the day while in Cape Coral

Thanks, we will be there the first week in August. We will be flying into Tampa for 5 days then headed to Cape Coral for 7 days!

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a secluded place to go for the day while in Cape Coral

Ok .. at least it will be beach weather .... I think an appropriate place would be here: http://www.loverskey.com/

It's not too far from Cape Coral.

Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
229 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a secluded place to go for the day while in Cape Coral

I was going to recommend Cayo Costa and then saw the end of your message. You would definitely be getting away from it there. We went for a day trip and there are so few people and so much beach you could certainly find a secluded stretch just for yourselves and this would be even more so after the day trippers went home. The huts looked more up to date then I expected but then I didnt go in one.

Expect it to be very hot in August and take some shade with you as there is no shadey areas near the beach.

I think seclusion could be guaranteed but then you have to weigh this up against some lack of comfort and amenities.

Wherever you end up have a great honeymoon.

5. Re: Need a secluded place to go for the day while in Cape Coral

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2011, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Cape Coral
Recent Conversations