We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation Time

New Jersey
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Vacation Time

Hello. I am going to Cape Coral to visit my uncle. I bought tickets to take him to Red Sox/Yankee game in Fort Myer. Cant wait. Any other advice on what to see and do with him? Restaurants? Daytime activities? Thank you.

Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
229 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation Time

Well we like to laze by pool, visit the beaches and do shopping (especially my wife and 18 year old daughter). However, that may not sound too cool for two guys!

There are plenty of opportunities for going on a fishing trip and you can pick up a organised trip which provides bait and tackle at Fort Myers Beach. Or as one of the earlier posts suggest, you can hire a boat yourselves.

Visit and drive along Sanibel and Captiva is enjoyable and there are great beaches if you like to sunbathe or just walk. Some good restaurants (although expensive) at the end of the island... I like the Bubble Room and Mucky Duck. There is also the Ding Darling Nature Refuge and you can get great informative trips into the Everglades from there.

On a more cultural aspect we have visited the Ford Edison Museum with my father and found it both interesting and relaxing.

Also see whats on at the Germain Arena, there should some Ice Hockey on as you like sports. We also check Barbara B Mann theatre as they sometimes have some good shows.

There are plenty of golf courses, but not being a golfer I cannot recommend any myself.

Personally like the restaurants at Cape Harbor... The Joint and also Rumrunners, great for a relaxing lunchtime meal by the water.

On each visit we do tend to have a day trip down to Naples to combine shopping with a visit to the pier, Tin City and Cheescake Factory!.... although I know some people may not want to travel that far.

Of course, as your uncle is local he may have his own ideas. Let us know what you get up to and your experience of the baseball. I did go and see the Fort Myers Miracles a couple of years ago.

Edited: 25 February 2011, 10:35
2. Re: Vacation Time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 20:20
Get answers to your questions about Cape Coral