We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 bedroom house with pool rental

wisconsin
Level Contributor
7 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
3 bedroom house with pool rental

I'm looking to rent a house in Cape Coral with a heated pool. Don't boat so don't need a canal but it would provide a nice backdrop if not noisy. Is there areas considered better than others in CC? How I decide with so many options? Looking at $3500 or less for February, 2012, maybe last half of January also.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,594 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 bedroom house with pool rental

Try www.homeaway.com or virbo.com

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 bedroom house with pool rental

I don't want to "burst your bubble" but those canals are not pretty at all. The water is very murky. I wouldn't pay extra for a house on a canal.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,962 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 bedroom house with pool rental

I think most in CC are on a canal.

Try gulfcoastrentals.com as well.

May I ask if you aren't into boating your reason to go to CC (as you can access the gulf from there) why are you thinking CC?

If you want beaches, this isn't a good place to stay as apart from a small man made beach, you have to drive a ways to get to one. If you want beaches, and are concerned abt price, let me know and i;pll give you some advice.

My own gulf place I rented for Feb/MArch already and has been for a few months now. So don't take too long to decide where you want to go?

Edited: 07 June 2011, 21:30
wisconsin
Level Contributor
7 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 bedroom house with pool rental

Thanks for the info. I hadn't thought of that, only possible noise from boat traffic.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
7 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 bedroom house with pool rental

Reply to #3. I forgot to mention in my post that I need a pet (dog) friendly house. That limits things. I had spent 2 of the previous 3 winters in "The Villages" up near Ocala and it was very cold. I have searched from Sarasota to Marco Island for places and, you are right, I should have started looking sooner. There is not a lot that has piqued my interest. I did not originally consider CC but found a website that presented CC homes very favorably that caught my interest (www.TopFla.com). We're content to spend time at the pool, do a little golf, hit the beach occasionally, dine at nearby restaurants, so the location seemed ok. I'm looking for good information so please pass any info you have on. One of my concerns also was whether there are a lot of empty homes (and unkept yards) in CC with foreclosures and all.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,962 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 bedroom house with pool rental

Well, first of all VRBO and some other sites will let you search on pet-friendly.

I allow one small pet, and some others do as well but most don't. Look in Venice (where there is a dog beach) and Rotonda west maybe. If you don't care that you have to drive 30 mins to a beach, you could try Pt Charlotte too. Or keep to CC if you don't mind driving. I was just pointing out to you that most go to CC becasue of the canals and boats and if you don't want either it might not be right for you.

Just make sure that there is a dog beach close enough if you want to bring your dog to the beach as many places dont' allow dogs at all.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 bedroom house with pool rental

Boat noise would not be a problem since the canals are so narrow and shallow that boats barely move at idle speed.

Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
229 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 bedroom house with pool rental

Hi

I have a couple of places in CC which again are already booked up, so as others have said, dont leave it too late.

CC is generally composed of very quiet neigborhoods, where there isnt even much car noise, never mind noise from boats. Generally each street has a line of homes with a canal on the back and then a line of homes within that who back onto another home. Mine is the latter, so if you take this option then you need to make sure there is either a privacy screen or foliage/trees to give you some privacy in the pool etc.

As others have said homeaway and vrbo are good sites, but dont forget tripadvisor also has rentals... and there are lots for Cape Coral and the surrounding area with reviews. If you want the beaches the Fort Myers beach is 20-30 mins depending on the day of week and time of day and Sanibel and Captiva 30-40 mins. We do use the man made beach ourselves, but if you dont want to and if you dont like driving, do what amanx suggests.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,962 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 bedroom house with pool rental

KriskO, what is the dog situation at FMB?

I know they are allowed on the causeway beaches to Sanibel but not sure about elsewhere in the area?

wisconsin
Level Contributor
7 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3 bedroom house with pool rental

Reply to Krisko

Thanks for your comments. I like it quiet! You think the foreclosure aspect is way overblown? Everything I have seen from satellites, etc. shows really nice upscale residential areas. I'm looking at a place on Sands Blvd. which is a double wide road but seems tucked away in the far southwest end of CC. Backs up to another house but privacy has been established. I'm thinking that I could get to the Pine Island bridge and possibly a beach rather quickly from there.

Get answers to your questions about Cape Coral
Recent Conversations