We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches in Cape Coral

Level Contributor
117 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches in Cape Coral

We will be visiting relatives in Cape Coral next week. We will be renting a car and doing a 'beach day' on are own. What are the best beaches to go to in this area? Ft. Myers beach looks appealing in pictures, but we're not sure. We are not into camping beaches. We prefer a beach that has easy access to food and restrooms, and provides lounge chair/umbrella rentals.

Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,997 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches in Cape Coral

Ft Myers has the nearest beaches, but I like Sanibel and Captiva. I like the shelling, and the laid back low rise Vibe. But I don't know about chair rentals, as I always bring my own.

I would post this on the FMB, and Sanibel Captiva forums perhaps. For what it is worth, I don't like the Times square area of FMB, as it is too busy and crowded for me. So ask about public beaches with concessions further south. There is a place called Santini Plaza with good food and drink options, but I don't know about char rentals there.

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches in Cape Coral

I think I read a few posts on TA that you can rent chairs at Junkanoo on FMB.They have food and drink there also and it is not near times square. Hope this helps.

California City...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches in Cape Coral

Here are some beaches near cape coral,

Sanibel Causeway Beaches, Sanibel -

Either side of the causeway. Fishing's good, bathrooms, free parking, good area to see dolphins.

Bunche Beach, Between Sanibel & Fort Myers Beach-

Take Summerlin Road toward Sanibel, turn left on John Morris Road at the Circle K and follow to the end. No bathrooms, free parking.

Bowditch Point Regional Park, Fort Myers -

Take Matanzas Pass Bridge (virtual tour) onto the Beach. Turn right at foot of Bridge, follow Estero Blvd. to the end. Wide Beach, 17 acre park, bathrooms, showers, changing rooms, picnic tables, grills, hiking paths, handicap accessible boardwalk, free admission. Par in Times Square and walk or take a trolley for 25 cents from Main Street Park and ride lot.

Lighthouse Park Beach, Sanibel-

Left on Periwinkle Way and go all the way to the end. Look for beach signs. Good Shelling, narrow beach, paid parking area, view of the Gulf, bathrooms, wheelchair accessible nature trail, small fishing pier

Hope these will help.

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,122 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches in Cape Coral

Be aware that there is a $6 toll to go over to Sanibel ... even to the beaches off the causeway.

5. Re: Beaches in Cape Coral

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 20:40