We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradise boat rentals Cape Coral

Which Cape Coral hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Paradise boat rentals Cape Coral

I am considering hiring a boat for 4 days June 2013. Their website seems very good and they provide skis fishing equipment free but I have read some very conflicting reports,they also want 50 % deposit and full balance 4 weeks befor hire, any advise woul be welcome. We are staying on Captiva island

Many thanks M

Chicago
Level Contributor
201 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradise boat rentals Cape Coral

Is there a reason you were looking to rent from the mainland instead of one of the places on Captiva or Sanibel?

Chicago
Level Contributor
201 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradise boat rentals Cape Coral

Look up the company on the Better Business Bureau site (www.bbb.org) and you'll find they get a grade of F. Sounds like they're not a reputable company!!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradise boat rentals Cape Coral

Prices on the island are high they seem to have a good website and good offers,do you have any suggestions .

Chicago
Level Contributor
201 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradise boat rentals Cape Coral

I would definitely NOT rent from Paradise based on some of the reviews I found in the TripAdvisor forums. People complained about faulty equipment, not getting their deposits back and having extra charges billed to their credit cards. Their calls to Paradise go unanswered.

Sanibel and Ft. Myers Beach have very active TripAdvisor forums. Why don't you post in both of them asking for recommendations. If you don't mind driving a bit, you can try posting in Naples, too. Pay close attention to the details of the people that offer up suggestions. If they only have 1 or 2 forums posts, be wary!! Companies create fake TripAdvisor profiles and make fake posts to promote their businesses. I have a hunch that Paradise has done that a couple of times.

Good luck and have a wonderful vacation in Captiva!!

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradise boat rentals Cape Coral

we rented 2 boats in a row last August and had to wait 3 months to get deposit back...

Think it worked only after threatening with going to court

1st Boat has been fine, with the other we lost a day because of an oil pump failure.

Addons as beachchairs, umbrella, airpump etc. have been worn.

Edited: 06 April 2013, 11:42
Green Bay
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradise boat rentals Cape Coral

My husband AND family will NEVER rent from Paradise again. We live in Wisconsin and vacationed in Florida in February. My husband and I, along with our 16-year-old and his friend, got up at 4:00 AM to catch our 6 AM flight. Our 26-year-old son who lives in Florida, met us at Paradise and my husband's mother and sister were to meet us on the island. I had spent weeks searching for a reputable boat rental business that would have NICE boats at a reasonable price. Well, the PICTURE of the boat on the Paradise WEBSITE looked beautiful. After finding no bad reviews, I called and the owner's wife seemed pleasant, accommodating, and helpful. We booked the boat requesting one similar to that shown on their website. Yes, she said, we would have a NICE boat, even if it weren't the exact one in the photo. We arranged shuttle from FM airport and a stop to pick up our grocery order and then on to Paradise only to find they WERE CLOSED - at 2 PM on a SATURDAY - even though they knew we were scheduled to come in that afternoon to pick up our boat and had long before charged our credit card more than $1,400 for the 7-day rental. We had to unload all the groceries onto the warm sidewalk so the shuttle could leave. Thankfully, a business a couple doors down knew the owner and called him. Unbelievably, when I spoke to Julius W., the owner, on the phone he began scolding ME for 'NOT LETTING HIM KNOW WE WERE COMING!!!!"??? Seems he assumed that the storm on the EAST COAST would have prevented us flying from WISCONSIN to FL. He also said they had tried NUMEROUS times to call us THAT MORNING (!?) and we had 'FAILED' to call him back. OK, first, there were NO missed calls on either of our cell phones, and second, he knew full well that we were FLYING from WI that entire morning because we had not only TOLD his wife this, but also had sent the boat rental agreement to them that stated the rental date. Then he said that he had just "sent his CAPTAINS home for the day" because he didn't THINK we were coming!!! Our Floridian son, who had arrived an hour before us, said there had been no one there from the time he had gotten there at 1PM, because he had tried the door. So, at 2 PM on a Saturday with a paid-in-full and confirmed reservation, the six of us stood on the sidewalk, amongst our many bags of groceries, because the owner had arbitrarily decided we weren't coming and simply closed. The FINAL INSULT was that the boat we had rented - a 24' Bow Rider - looked NOTHING REMOTELY like the one displayed on their website! It was shoddy with torn/cracked seats and looked much older than I'm sure that it was. Thankfuly, it did run, however. The captain was the only bright spot in the ordeal. He arrived about a half-hour later, was pleasant, helpful and allowed our son to park his vehicle on the property for the week. The "free" stuff that comes with the rental? Don't get excited. The majority of what we saw was old and needed replacing.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Paradise boat rentals Cape Coral

We've rented from several boat rental places here in town, since we're not ready to buy a boat yet, but Paradise is by far the best. Thorough Captains briefing, fast boats, incredible nice staff (they even helped us carrying our stuff from the car to the boat) and a special fishing chart with all the hot spots from their fishing guides. We had a blast every time we've rented from them. The only negative we've experienced so far, was, they ran out of ice & bait because they were so busy. We especially enjoyed their extended rental hours until sunset. Last time we came back, Cpt. Brian even cleaned all the fish for us we caught. What a service...

Haven't seen such a nice & professional boat rental place for years.

Nice and friendly receptionist, pirate theme shop and a very good boat introduction (which was quite necessary, since we're new to the area). We rented one of their mid size deck boats and were surprised how fast the boat was. Our kids enjoyed the tube ride (came with the boat). We went to the beach at Cayo Costa and could not believe there was nobody else. Just us. All in all a perfect day on the water. We'll be back for sure.

Dawson Creek...
Level Contributor
4 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paradise boat rentals Cape Coral

Are there any companies you would recommend?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Paradise boat rentals Cape Coral

We had a bad experience with them in the past. But I have just replied to ano post today, regarding hiring from Cape Coral Boat Rentals based at the Marina near Rum Runners Rest, very professional friendly, helpful and the excellent boat delivered direct to our villa. We have rented from them, the last time in May, and been completely satisfied. Hope this helps

Columbus, Indiana
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paradise boat rentals Cape Coral

We just rented from Paradise boat rentals last week. October 8th & 10th 2013. We chose the two day rental for the 21' deck boat and I asked if we could split the days instead of back to back days and they were more than amicable and waived the fees. The captain's briefing was more than how to operate the boat and boating safety; they asked what we had planned and they really enhanced those plans by giving us great suggestions and insights. Before we left the canal we knew exactly where to go for bait, fuel, food and fun. They even told us approximately how much gas we would use going to certain areas and a timeline from certain points so we could make it back in time.... as for the deposit, our rental was paid in full, our credit card info was taken for the deposit, but they didn't process that and said they wouldn't unless there was damage to the boat or prop. Their customer service is FIVE STAR. I could go on and on with the little extras that were thrown in for us and how great we were treated, but I'll stop. They helped make our vacation more memorable. We will definitely be return customers!!!!

Edited: 16 October 2013, 01:53
Get answers to your questions about Cape Coral
Recent Conversations