We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic in March

TN
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Traffic in March

We are thinking of renting next March and wondering if there is a problem getting across the bridges to do shopping,etc. It seems like I read something previously that there is a big problem with traffic. Also are there grocery stores on Cape Coral?

london
Level Contributor
102 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traffic in March

I have been to Cape coral in March and other months and never had a problem with the traffic. I can only summise that we don't get up early enough to join in the morning rush hour and that at other times of the year it is so quiet any increase in traffic is considered busy. I live in SE London and traffic in Cape Coral is never like rush hour over here and its not even as busy as normal daytime traffic.

There are plenty of shops in Cape Coral. Cape Coral Parkway and Del Prado Blvd are the main drags where shops are found.

The main Supermarkets are located along Cape Coral Parkway.

junction of Chiquita Blvd and Cape Coral Pkwy

junction of Santa Barbara Blvd and Cape Coral Pkwy

between Vincennes and Leonard st off Capr Coral Parkway

plus a 24hr walmart on Del PradoBlvd North of Vetrans memorial Pkwy, and smaller 7/11's etc at the gas stations.

There really is no need to cross the bridges to shop unless you want to go the the Mall or the Outlet Centers. If you want to know about these I can give you more info and happy to answer more questions.

Enjoy your holiday.

TN
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traffic in March

Thank you so much for your response. Everything you listed will be so helpful when we visit Cape Coral.

Enjoy your summer!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Traffic in March

We went to Sanibel Island, specifically Bowman beach in April.

It took over 3 hours to get off Sanibel and back to N/W Cape Coral. The problem with Sanibel is there is 1 way in and 1 way out via the bridge.

Traffic can be a total $hit show depending where you want to go. I heard Fort Meyers Beach is bad as well.

Any other day we drove into Fort Myers, fished on Matlache bridge, etc and never had traffic problems.

Traffic can be bad depending where you want to go from Cape Coral. The traffic in Cape Coral wasn't bad, it's when you want to leave Cape Coral and head to high touristy areas you can have problems.

Summary:

Cape Coral traffic = good

High tourist area traffic = bad

4. Re: Traffic in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Cape Coral