We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a charming place to stay in Cedar Key?

Which Cedar Key hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, TN
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Looking for a charming place to stay in Cedar Key?

My husband and I found a charming "Island Style" Cottage. We recently returned from a long weekend in Cedar Key. We stayed at the Charpia Cottage (rented through www.cottagesofcedarkey.com). We absolutely loved it! The cottage is just a short walk - about 1 block - from downtown where the shops and restaurants are. The house is darling, decorated with a lot of local art. We loved relaxing on the front screened in porch, just reading and looking at the ocean. We have stayed at the Island Place before, but we enjoyed having our own cottage and a little more privacy. Highly recommend it!

1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a charming place to stay in Cedar Key?

I have been on my computer for days now trying to find the "perfect" place for my husband and I to stay in Cedar Key with not too much luck and have gotten very confused.I am looking for a place to serve as our second honeymoon(actually we never had a first one) and want something very romantic.Do you feel this is the right place and would you know how I could get photos of it? Thank you.Sheri Cavanaugh

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a charming place to stay in Cedar Key?

Eshee409:

Why the confusion ????

Go to the following web site: www.cedarkey.org

Click on the Directory link and then on Lodgings link on the next web page.

You'll get a listing of lodgings many of which have web sites.

Here's one off that listing: http://www.cedarkeybandb.com/

If interested in the the CLJ's accomodations, go to the web site given - it has photos of the 2 properties available.

Eatonton
Level Contributor
77 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a charming place to stay in Cedar Key?

The Chamber site is a good one and so is visitcedarkey.com. Both have info about the town ideas for things to do, places to visit. Also, take a trip up to Manatee Springs if you have time. It's on the Suwannee River - very beautiful.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a charming place to stay in Cedar Key?

We just returned from a long weekend on Cedar Key, where we celbrated our second anniversary. We rented a condo unit at Fenimore Mill, and loved it! We were on the top (3rd) floor, and had a breathtaking view of the flats just behind our unit. Lots and lot of beautiful birds, a very romantic view, a beautiful condo, and lots of peace and quiet. We expect to be returning there for future anniversaries.

Denver, Colorado
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a charming place to stay in Cedar Key?

CLJ26 - Thanks for your recommendation. My wife and I just returned from a trip to Cedar Key recently and rented a house, called "The Little House" from the same website you mentioned. We have stayed at the Island Place as well in the past, but enjoyed having a house more. It was a much different experience. We felt more like locals and could pretend for a few days that we actually lived in that little paradise. We can't wait to go again!

6. Re: Looking for a charming place to stay in Cedar Key?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 11:26
Get answers to your questions about Cedar Key
Recent Conversations