We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

camping in Cedar Key area

Folkston, Georgia
2 posts
Save Topic
camping in Cedar Key area

I'm trying to plan a scalloping trip to the Ceday Key area and I'm loking for a good campground, preferably on or near the water or near a boat ramp. I was wondering if anyone had stayed at Sunset Isle RV Park and if it was a nice place or what it was like. If anyone has any information I would appreciate it. Thanks

Erie, PA
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: camping in Cedar Key area

We have reservations at Sunset Isle RV Park and are wondering if you enjoyed your stay. I understand that there is not transportation. Are there any bike rentals? Anything? How did you like the park? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

fruitland park...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: camping in Cedar Key area

iwas wondering if you had found a cxampsite and boat ramp in cedar key we are also looking

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: camping in Cedar Key area

OK I'm 3+ yrs late in responding, but Cedar Key Sunset Isle RV Park and Motel is a WATERFRONT rv park. Tenting allowed too. 1.5 miles from boat launch downtown and 1/4 mi. from #4 channel boat ramp. Can launch in park if tide cooperates.Great place.

Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: camping in Cedar Key area

Shell Mound County Campground is located in the backwater/estuaries/flats. It is a first come first serve campground, the sites with electric are $15.00 a night two tent maximum. Primitive sites are also available. It has a boat ramp, bathrooms and hot showers. You will have to pass the entrance to Shell Mound to go into Cedar Key. We kayak out of there it is 5 miles south of where the Suwannee River and Gulf of Mexico confluence is.

5. Re: camping in Cedar Key area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2009, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Cedar Key
Recent Conversations