We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cedar Key Seafood Festival

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Cedar Key Seafood Festival

It's fall already and time for the Annual Cedar Key Seafood Festival on October 21 & 22. Anyone planning on going? It is a great time, lot's of good seafood (local steamed clams & smoked mullet), arts & crafts, music and a parade on saturday morning at 11:00. We will be in the parade again this year all dressed in our crab attire, look for us, we are the crazy "Crab Crew" and will be throwing out lots of beads and some surprises! The King & Queen Crab will be there too. If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer them. Hope some of you can go, it is too much fun to miss.

Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
83 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cedar Key Seafood Festival

I just today decided we are going to drive up from Pompano Beach for this event. Any housing suggestions? Looks like there are a lot of condos (no, no, please not that) since I was last there in the late 1980's. I see a few motels that say they are on the dock. Do you know where you park if you stay at one of those? Thinking of Dockside, or a few blocks away, Beachfront motel. Appreciate any input, thanks, Love2

Actually was delayed in sending this, have called several places, they are laughing at me for thinking about getting a room at this late date. Do you have any secret ideas I can try? Thanks

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cedar Key Seafood Festival

Yeah, it is really hard to get last minute reservations during the Festival. We stay at the Harbour Master Suites and we reserve and pay for our rooms for the next year, we have three rooms but always need more. We have rooms also booked at the Beach Front and the Merigold House for the over flow. Last year we had friends come up on Saturday without a reservation and they found a house down a little street off hwy 24, there was just a sign out saying for rent. You might could take a chance like that becasue what happens is they have these three and four day min. and then they cant get that so they will rent for a night. It would be worth a try and if you couldnt get a room in Cedar Key you could probably get something in Cheifland. Cedar Key hasnt really changed that much, there are a few condo's and there is new development on the table for a marina and hotel but it still is the quiant little fishing village that we love. We go every year and I am curious to see the changes that are made each year and there arent many, yet. The little town area could use a little face lift, after the hurricanes a few years ago the building are pretty worn. Did you ever go to the L & M Bar? Unfortunately it is GONE forever. If you decide to go, look us up, you cant miss us in the parade!!

Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cedar Key Seafood Festival

Try calling the local realtors - Nature Coast Realty is one - because there are dozens of houses for sale right now in Cedar Key, and you may be able to rent one.

4. Re: Cedar Key Seafood Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 13:21
Get answers to your questions about Cedar Key
Recent Conversations