We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help

Which Clearwater hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help

Hoping you can help i have tried the indian rocks forum but didn't get a response. I have booked the holiday inn harbourside (sunset suite) for 10 days with my husband and 2 children but recent reviews have not been positive. Is that bad? Should i be looking to book elsewhere?

Many thanks

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help

Bolly - I haven't stayed there and therefore can't answer that one. However, I'd suggest for more to do and a better location, see my request for directions to Sea Captain on this forum. It gets a good review and I know the location is good. It's not on the beach (like the Holiday Inn) but it's only a 100 yards and right on the marina. I'm guessing it is probably cheaper too.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help

Sorry - that doesn't read well - I mean the Holiday Inn isn't on the beach either.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help

I have never stayed at the hotel, but it is not directly on the beach. It will be about a 5-10 minute walk to get to the beach. Although it does overlook the intracoastal waterway. There are many hotels in the area right on the beach if that is what you are looking for. From the outside the hotel looks very nice. I see ads on TV for their restaurant, looks really good, but I have never been there. Not much info here but since you weren't getting a response...

Scotland
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help

Many thanks for your information. We have stayed in the area before, last time at the Marriott suires and the walk to the beach doesn't bother us. I am concerened because some of the reviews are real stinkers. Husband and kids will never forgive me if it is a stinker especially after getting spoiled in Disney

Level Contributor
183 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help

Bolly10, you should really check out the Sea Captain, I have 2 reviews w/ pictures, its a great location. I have never stayed at the Holiday Inn, so I cant say anything about that. But I have answered a few of the forum questions about the Sea Captain and people who have gone there were so happy , your kids would probably like seeing the boats coming and going all day, and at night they are all lit up, the pirate ship there is a blast for kids and adults. The beach is such a short walk, my 4 year old had no trouble. The way the hotel is set up, you can actually sit right out anywhere and see the kids either fishing off the dock they have or swimming, or play some shuffleboard (my kids didnt know how, but liked playing anyway). You can sit right outside your door and see everything. They have great tables and chairs outside all the rooms to. I really cant say enough good things about it there, we are going back this October and cant wait!! Our kids love it there. (ages 4 &11). p.s. hot tub right out there also....:-) Have a great vacation!!!!!!

East Stroudsburg...
Level Contributor
205 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help

Did you decide to stay at Holiday Inn Harbourside? I booked a suite there for the end of May with my daughter, and after reading recent reviews, I am a liitle hesitant about staying there. I would appreciate any info you have learned. Thanks...Iris

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help

We just got back from the Coral Resort, which is just up the street from the Hilton and very close to Pier 60 -- 5 minute walk. A great family resort, we had a one bedroom condo with kitchenette, small living area with pull out couch.

Went with our 2 kids, 6 months and 3 years -- very kid friendly with swimming pool as well. Good trp advisor info led us to it, very positive.

Only thing you should know is that it's not new but it's clean -- check out their website.

magda

Scotland
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Help

Iris

I have booked it but can alter my booking at a cost. Can you post a review after your stay as you are there before me

thanks

L

9. Re: Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 10:35