We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nightlife in and around clearwater

Scotland
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
nightlife in and around clearwater

any dance clubs or dance pubs around the area? our party has both over 21's and a couple of under 21's - is there any clubs etc that we could go to either together or separately.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nightlife in and around clearwater

Ybor City, in Tampa will have the most, and largest variety of clubs. Ybor gets very busy at night, especially on weekends along 7th avenue. It is a strip of many different clubs and restaurants.

Shephards Resort on Clearwater Beach has a very active pool/tiki/music scene that draws quite a crowd of 20-30's. I hope someone else will be able to offer more info for you in the Clearwater area. I'm sure there are more, I am just not really familiar with them.

Scotland
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nightlife in and around clearwater

thanks that's helpful. Do these clubs allow teens in to clubs if they are not drinking alcohol? Our boys (19yrs) want to have some nightlife when on holiday and dont drink so would they be allowed in?

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nightlife in and around clearwater

I checked with a coworker that goes to Ybor and they said some of the clubs will allow under 21 in, not all of them, but enough to give them a good choice of places. They were not sure about this part, but think the under 21s aren't allowed in any of the clubs after 11:00pm. Also, park in the parking garage as alot of places that look like it's OK to park, really are not, and they really enforce the illegal parking.

They would have no problem at Shephards Resort on Clearwater Beach.

Scotland
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nightlife in and around clearwater

MarkBee - that;s brilliant. In the Uk over 18's can get into all clubs, pubs so it is difficult when in USA. We are going to NYC first and am having the same problem there!

Scotland
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nightlife in and around clearwater

you say under 21's not allowed in after 11pm does this mean that if they are in before 11pm they can stay in or does it mean if they are in that they are thrown out at 11pm. also what sort of clubs are they. You say there is a mixture - the boys are into house and trance.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nightlife in and around clearwater

Hi comps

check out the websit below

it's for the amphitheater in Ybor City

they are an 18 and up club Thurs - Sat

they play dance and trance on Friday and Sat nights and they have a rotating dance floor.

It's my favorite club in Ybor

http://www.amphitheaterybor.com/index.html

Scotland
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: nightlife in and around clearwater

that looks just exactly what they are looking for - thanks a bunch

8. Re: nightlife in and around clearwater

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 22:19
Get answers to your questions about Clearwater
Recent Conversations