We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun For Teenagers

Nashville
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Fun For Teenagers

Can anyone suggest some fun activities for teenagers. We will be in Clearwater on June 1st. We will be doing the beach thing, but can you tell me about parasailing, jet skis, dinner cruises,malls etc. The prices of the activities, the kids are 13 and 17. We are staying at the Pelican Pointe Resort. If you have any info. on the hotel it would be great, and how far this hotel is from Pier 60.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun For Teenagers

Pier 60 will be about 5-8 minute walk or so, but the beach is right accross the street. There is parasailing, jet skis, dinner cruises, charter/party fishing boats, the sea screamer speed boat rides all at the Clearwater Marina on Clearwater Beach. There are dolphin encounter boat trips, the Clearwater Marine Aquarium is just a short drive (10 min) away. They might enjoy a shopping/lunch trip to Johns Pass in Treasure Island, South of Clearwater Beach.

clearwater-fl.com/gov/…index.asp

http://www.seascreamer.com/

http://www.starlitecruises.com/

www.dolphinencounter.org

www.cmaquarium.org

http://www.johnspass.com/

Iowa
Level Contributor
13 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fun For Teenagers

Your message was really helpful to rizzy4127. We will be visiting Clearwater for the first time June 29th thru July 3rd. We booked a room at Shephards Beach Resort at 619 South Gulfview Blvd. We also have two teenage daughters who have never seen the ocean before. We want to be in an area with lots to do within walking distance and see beautiful sunsets. Can you tell me some things around our hotel's area?

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fun For Teenagers

Yankee I have nothing against Shepherds...its a great bar...but you are not going to sleep much...live bands, etc. Good luck.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fun For Teenagers

All of the above is near Shephards. Really, all the hotels on the beach are in the same basic area and will be close to all of the above activities and more. As far as Shephards. It is the hotel on the beach that has the loudest music around the pool, the most parties, and activities meant to attract a younger, rowdier crowd, especially on weekends and holidays. Of course that is great to some people, not to others seeking more quiet accomodations. They do have a highly recomended seafood buffet at Shephards also.

Midwest
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fun For Teenagers

Yankee -- Your teenage daughters will probably see a lot more than the ocean at Shephard's, especially on a weekend.

Iowa
Level Contributor
13 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fun For Teenagers

I've read that Shepards is more quiet if you get a tower room.....you think? Any other suggestions in that area for about the same $ ($150/night)?

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fun For Teenagers

I really don't know if the tower would be quieter or not. I have never stayed there. My wife and her sister spent a weekend there in a poolside room and they weren't bothered at all, but they were there 'off season' so it may have been toned down a bit, and, they don't mind a loud party. The Best Western Sea Wake would be an alternative in the same area.

Nashville
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fun For Teenagers

Thanks MARKBEE, you are most helpful on this site. It always helps to hear from someone that is local to the area. I have looked at the sites that you have suggested. Thanks Again.

Iowa
Level Contributor
13 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fun For Teenagers

Thanks from Yankee too!

Clearwater Beach
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Fun For Teenagers

Our unit is on the south end of the beach. Much more quiet with all the construction going on.