We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quaint Cheap Accomodation

Which Clearwater hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
89 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Quaint Cheap Accomodation

This is our first time on the Tampa Side of florida (We have been to Miami,KeyWest). I am looking for a quaint but cheap accommodation around the Clearwater beach area.Something right on the beach would be nice.Also any advise on things to do or see would be great. Its just us as a couple,no kids,so something quiet ,romantic,fun would be good.Also heard a lot about dolphin watching in this area,but need more details.

Indian Trail, North...
Destination Expert
for Charlotte
Level Contributor
844 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Quaint Cheap Accomodation

Barefoot Bay is a great little place too, and the last time we stayed we paid under $100.00 per night in June! It is not right on the beach, but a very easy, short walk! Lots of things to do close by. :)

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Quaint Cheap Accomodation

I agree with glamourpuss and prefer Treasure Island to Clearwater Beach. The beach there is wide and fabulous. last year I staid at the Island Inn, they have a website. However I rented my room from a private owner (the hotel is a condo hotel with each unit privately owned). I found it through the www.vrbo.owner website. The unit is 418, it is ocean front with a balcony overlooking the beach and fabulous sun sets. I believe there are 2 units advertised on vrbo. You could also go to Island Inn directly, but compare the prices against the rentals by owner. I will return to the same unit at the end of the week, the summer rate is $550/week and $110/day, no extra costs. Another area in Treasure Island you may want to check out is Sunset Beach. There you can also rent ocean front (for example the Sunset Chateau). Sunset Beach is a little bit more quiet as far as street noise goes than the rest of Treasure Island. They are set back from the main through street, Gulf Blvd on West Gulf Boulevard Someone else merntioned Passe-a-Grille, this is really a nice quiet and quaint section of Saint Pete's Beach, with lots of nice restaurants a lovely old streets. If you are prepared to go a little bit further south, check out Anna Maria Island. Their Chamber of Commerce has a comprehensive website, with all B&B's, hotels and vacation rentals, but may places are also listed on the main rental sites, vrbo, cyberrentals a1vacations and others. Particularly the beaches in Holmes Beach are fabulous. Anna Maria Island has retained its"old florida" feeling adn I am certain you will it is a romatic place. Good luck.

13. Re: Quaint Cheap Accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 22:18