We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when to visit clearwater

Which Clearwater hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
mj6
manchester england
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
when to visit clearwater

coming down to clearwater in november for a couple of days my problem is the weeks we are coming fall when the clocks go back, so a couple of questions

1) what time will it go dark before and after the clocks go back

2) will we have a good choice of hotels to choose from as i don t want to book one i want to go and choose one when we are there

thanks in advance

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
602 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: when to visit clearwater

Until we reset the clocks, it stays fairly light almost up to 8:30-9pm.

Wouldn't recommend getting a hotel on the cuff when you get here. Many hotels are being torn down to make way for condos which means there are less of them. Some are small "mom & pop" motels with just a few rooms. November also starts kicking off "snowbird" season which brings in extra visitors to the area. I think it's best you pick a room now, reserve it with no penalty for cancellation, and look for something else when you get here. If you find something better/cheaper, cancel the original reservation. If not, then you'll at least have some place to stay.

OHIO
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: when to visit clearwater

you take a risk not having a place to stay, but I am sure you can find something , it may not be prime location though.

be careful about booking something and then canceling when you get there, as suggested, as most hotels are charging one night if you cancel without 3 days notice, used to be 24 hrs.

I almost got stuck with that at a best western

3. Re: when to visit clearwater

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 05:25