We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/Snorkle

Ocoee, Florida
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel/Snorkle

Hello Everyone!

It is my First time going to Clearwater, and from what people tell me, the water is Crystal clear over there!

Is that really true? because i might be having high expectations, and do not want to get disappointed when I get there.

I would really like to go snorckleing, and I was wondering what is the price range, and if you guys could recommend me a hotel/beach resort at $130 daily.

I will be there by July 20-22.

Thank you so so so much.

I'm very excited about this trip.

Mike

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/Snorkle

Not to disapoint, but I wouldn't call the water here 'crystal clear'. It's not sludge at all, but it is not clear like you will find at smaller Carribean islands. It's perfectly fine for swimming, and people do snorkel, but it won't look like the water on a post card from the Cayman Islands.

The Hilton is in a great location on the beach, but probably over $130. Look into the Sea Captain. Best Western Sea Wake Inn and Shephards Resort. (Shephards can get a bit loud with partys and music around the beach and pool, some like that, some don't). There are several smaller hotels on the beach you can search for that might be at $130 or under.

Indian Rocks Beach...
Level Contributor
75 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel/Snorkle

I was out in my boat June 14, the water was clear and good snorkeling can be found either at Caledesi Island or down near Fort Desoto. A snorkeling boat will take you out to Egmont Key at the mouth of Tampa Bay. The water is clear early in the morning before the sea breeze kicks up around 11AM.

Ocoee, Florida
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel/Snorkle

.Awesome. Thanks for the insights guys.

Around how much would it cost per person to go snorkeling?

By the way. Never did it before, and really love to do that when i get there!

4. Re: Hotel/Snorkle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Clearwater
Recent Conversations