We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MarkBee

Which Clearwater hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
MarkBee

Hi,

Is there an e-mail addy for you? Or could you please e-mail me through T.A. I have some questions for you. Thanks!

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MarkBee

Arnie, message sent. Post here if you didn't get my reply.

wisconsin
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: MarkBee

Hi,

will be in new port richey in middle of march (with young ones) for a week and plan to do honeymoon isl. and/or caladesi.

? is the walk from north Clearwater beach far to caladesi? How far would ya guess and where would you suggest we could park to walk there. Is there a time limit we can stay if we walked and do we need to worry about the tide?? Or is it simpler to just take the ferry and stay 4 hours. do you know why the time is limited when you take the ferry if their hours on web site say something like 10am-5pm??

Do you know anything about green key beach/robert reese park. Is that a nice beach to go to? I think that is pretty close to the house we will be staying at.

Well thanks for any info you have. I appreciate it sooo much!

Missy

Florida
Level Contributor
406 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MarkBee

mstolt....Post this as a new post. You are more likely to get replies that way. What you are asking here on this post is not related to this thread.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MarkBee

The walk from Clw Beach to the North end of Caladesi would be a long one. I have never done it but think it could be done at low or high tide. It's several miles. Would probably take a few hours each way, and you would have the problem and cost of parking at Clearwater Beach. The reason they limit your time on Caladesi is because they fear most people would wait till the last ferry of the day to leave, and there would not be room on the boat for everyone.

Sorry, but I've never even heard of Green Key Beach or Reese Park.

OO
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MarkBee

It can be done at either high or low tide, but you don't need to go all the way to the north end of Caladesi to get the full impact of the beauty of that area! From the Palm Pavilion parking lot it's about 3 miles to the northern tip. If you wanted to do it all, and there really isn't any reason to, it's easy to compute if you know how fast you walk. You'll have to factor in stopping and picking up shells. :> I can do a mile easily in 20 minutes so it'd take me an hour up and another back walking. But with just a bit over a half hour of walking north from that parking lot, you have left behind the crowds at CWB, the condos and lastly, some very pretty homes, and it's just you and the beach. That doesn't change the further north you go. Going to the northern tip only earns you bragging rights, and you can see Honeymoon Island from that point. Going to the boardwalk allows you to use the bathrooms. It's actually prettier, IMHO, before you get to that point, because there you'll have the people who have taken the ferry over around, whereas prior to that, you'll have it pretty much to yourselves.

OO
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MarkBee

I should have added, I'm judging the distance by the time it takes us to run it. We are pretty consistent in our pace and figure from our roundtrip time, it's about 3 up and another 3 back. It's one of the more beautiful runs in the area, for sure!

7. Re: MarkBee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 20:17