We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clearwater Beach vs. Marco Island

chicago
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Clearwater Beach vs. Marco Island

I am torn between the two. We are traveling with our friends and have 4 teenagers between the two families ages ranging between 14 and 18. I like big resorts like the Marriott in Marco and am also considering the Sandpearl in Clearwater Beach. Which will be nicer yet fun for the teens. Help!

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clearwater Beach vs. Marco Island

I haven't been to Marco in a very long time, so I can't compare them. Clearwater Beach is a great beach for teens. CB generally draws a younger crowd then other beaches in the area, although there will be folks of all ages there. Very active area, alot of things, and activities for teens to do. They should have no problem finding others their age to hang out with if they would like.

chicago
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Clearwater Beach vs. Marco Island

Thank you very much....have you been to the Sandpearl? I have read mixed reviews. Is it nice with a nice pool area?

Florida
Level Contributor
732 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clearwater Beach vs. Marco Island

Definately Clearwater over Marco with teens. Marco is much more relaxed and not much for teens to do.

chicago
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Clearwater Beach vs. Marco Island

Thank you JPCheers. Not to confuse matters, but are there any another areas on the Gulf side that would also be fun for teens? Ft. Myers Beach, Naples, etc?

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clearwater Beach vs. Marco Island

I have not had the opportunity to visit the Sandpearl yet. It sure looks great though.

This is very generally speaking, but for teens, Clearwater Beach, after that, St. Pete Beach, will have plenty to keep them happy.

South of that, Anna Maria Island, Sanibel, Siesta Key, Marco Island, usually draw an older, and maybe more upscale crowd. Again, very generally speaking to give you a feel of the different areas.

Florida
Level Contributor
732 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clearwater Beach vs. Marco Island

I would agree with MarkBee. 1st choice for teens Clearwater Beach. 2nd choice St. Pete Beach. Clearwater beach has many shops are restaurants all along the "strip" which are all walkable. There is volleyball on the beach, rental kayaks, jet-skis, parasailing, speed boat rides, etc. The Sandpearl just won an award for one of the nices hotels but I can't remember where I read that info.

chicago
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Clearwater Beach vs. Marco Island

Thank you all!

chicago
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Clearwater Beach vs. Marco Island

Thank you all!

9. Re: Clearwater Beach vs. Marco Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 21:19
Get answers to your questions about Clearwater
Recent Conversations