We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place with less spring breakers

lubec maine
Level Contributor
131 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
best place with less spring breakers

hi,

we made a reservation for the holiday inn gulf view clear water for ist week of april. heard it is prety wild & noisy with s.b. kids. we are 50. not dead but would like to relax. would sheroton sand key of the hyatt reg. be better?

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best place with less spring breakers

The HI is on South Beach, where most of the sb-ers will be.

The Sheraton, or the Marriott on Sand Key would be better as far as much less sbers, but then you are accross a bridge from everything on Clearwater Beach.

I would suggest the Sandpearl Resort, which will be about the same price range as the Hyatt. But the Sandpearl is on the quieter, a little less traveled North beach, but still walkable to a lot of restaurants, fun tamer bars, like the Palm Pavilion, and Frenchy's Rockaway Cafe. Also, it is directly on the beach, and will price out most of the sbers that are visiting. Same with the Hyatt, but, it is across the street from the beach, still a great location, but a little busier of an area than the Sandpearl.

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best place with less spring breakers

I would suggest the Sheraton. If you really want to head into the crowds of Clearwater Beach, it's a short trolley ride over the bridge. But I think you would enjoy the Sand Key area better at that time of year.

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best place with less spring breakers

Sorry, couldn't delete the duplicate post.

Edited: 25 February 2011, 04:37
lubec maine
Level Contributor
131 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best place with less spring breakers

Wow!!! Thank you all so much. Per your advice I changed our reservation to the Sheraton Sand Key. You all are a vacation saver!!!!!

Gratefully yours,

Lynne

5. Re: best place with less spring breakers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 13:16