We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non-Beach Hotel with Pool

Fairfield County...
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Non-Beach Hotel with Pool

I will be traveling to Clearwater with my family for a long weekend in April. While we may spend a day at the beach, we have other obligations while we're there that will prevent us from getting our money's worth out of a beach resort. I am looking for recommendations for a clean, comfortable and reasonably priced hotel with a decent pool outside of the Clearwater Beach area. Thanks in advance!

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Non-Beach Hotel with Pool

Many hotels all over the place on the mainland. What area, or venue etc do you need to be near, and I will try to come up with what may be closest.

Fairfield County...
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Non-Beach Hotel with Pool

We're going to be in town for a family reunion, which will happen on the mainland. We're renting a car, so exact location isn't really the issue. We'd even be willing to look in Dunedin etc. Priorities are clean, good beds, nice pool, not too noisy, and fair price. I see many places listed for <$100/night, but I'm wary.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Non-Beach Hotel with Pool

There is a newer Holiday Inn Express in Dunedin. Near the downtown area that has quaint little shops, and some fun restaurants and bars. 15 minute drive to Dunedin Causeway and Honeymoon Island. And, about 20 minutes to Clearwater Beach.

On US19, between Drew St. and Gulf-To-Bay Blvd, there is a Hampton Inn, Travelodge, and LaQuinta. Walkable to a few restaurants, a Tilted Kilt pub, and a Buffalo Wild Wings sports bar/restaurant. These are very central to the entire area.

There is a new Residence Inn on Court St near downtown Clearwater. Not a whole lot walkable, but, it is new, and only about a 10 minute drive to Clearwater Beach.

Also, a bit older of a property, but, probably the least cost, is a Days Inn on Gulf-To-Bay Blvd., East of US19. A couple restaurants walkable, but not much else. Easy access to US19 (main North/South Rd through Clearwater and to Dunedin) and about a 15-20 min drive to Clearwater Beach.

All of these have a pool. My guess would be nothing special, or huge, but a normal pool. And, while I have not been to them, they all look to be clean and well kept. I did have family/friends stay at the Hampton Inn about 8 years ago, and they had no complaints, and it still looks to be as nice now.

Of all these, if I wanted some fun (restaurants/bars/lower-key nightlife) very close/walkable, I would probably pick the HI in Dunedin if the location is good for you. It is new, and just about every restaurant in that downtown area is fun, and very good.

Fairfield County...
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Non-Beach Hotel with Pool

Thanks so much! That was a great help.

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Non-Beach Hotel with Pool

Also a nice Comfort Suites, Clearwater Bay, about halfway between Clearwater and Dunedin, right across from the inland waterway.

Another possibility is a new Holiday Inn Express & Suites on Gulf to Bay Blvd. and US-19 with an outdoor heated pool.

6. Re: Non-Beach Hotel with Pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2013, 10:20