We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian Shores/Indian Rocks dining

Connecticut
Level Contributor
14 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Indian Shores/Indian Rocks dining

We are 4 adults who have rented a condo early March - am I to understand that this is mostly residential, with few eating establishments close by?

Any recommendations for where the 'locals' eat and relax?

I find the input from Trip Advisor forums is usually excellent -

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,713 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian Shores/Indian Rocks dining

There will be dozens of eating places along the main drag, Gulf Blvd.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian Shores/Indian Rocks dining

Keegan's Seafood a must. JD's is worth the visit just for the chicago style oysters. Nice afternoon music. Happy hour starts early!

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indian Shores/Indian Rocks dining

There are places all along the coast between Clearwater Beach, and St. Pete Beach. In the Indians, depending on exactly where you are, there may be a few places walkable, and more will be just a short drive.

You may not have the variety of walkable places you would in Clearwater Beach, or St. Pete Beach, but odds are there will be a place or three walkable.

New Brunswick
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Indian Shores/Indian Rocks dining

Salt Rock in Indian Shores is really good, but pricey. Go for the early bird special 4-6 pm. Another good place is Guppy's in Indian Rocks, I prefer this place for lunch (much cheaper), also it's nice to sit outside on their patio. But the best place I prefer for value and good food is The Conch in Manderia Beach. Very popular spot and always very busy. Hope this helps!

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Indian Shores/Indian Rocks dining

The Conch is in North Redington and I agree, a great place to eat. it's about a 5 min. drive from Indian Shores.

There are quite a few restaurants in the area just depends on what you're looking for...casual? seafood? steaks?

There is a new, popular restaurant just a couple of minutes south of Indian Shores in Redington Shores called Seabreeze Island Grill. Beautifully renovated with modern decor and wonderful views of the inland waterway. The specialize in steaks and seafood and open at 4pm.

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Indian Shores/Indian Rocks dining

I agree with NoSnowCanada - JD's in Indian Rocks Beach is a great casual eating place. When staying in Indian Rocks Beach, we walked there for breakfast - very good! Also ate there in the evenings, enjoyed every meal we had, and live entertainment some times. I posted a review after last summer's visit.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Indian Shores/Indian Rocks dining

Had breakfast at JD's a few days ago-enjoyed it immensely. Nice, laid back, down to earth place-not fancy but comfortable and clean (and good food).

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Indian Shores/Indian Rocks dining

JD's is ok, seems very popular as it's always crowded. Just don't get the fried shrimp. I've tried the shirmp at several places in this area and they rank at the bottom. Some type of heavy cornmeal breading that just didn't taste very good. But had breakfast there and it was good.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
14 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Indian Shores/Indian Rocks dining

Many thanks. Our first experience in the area

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
169 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Indian Shores/Indian Rocks dining

Keegans is a must. Love the soft shell crab.

Get answers to your questions about Clearwater
Recent Conversations