We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Johns Pass

Buffalo
Level Contributor
85 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Johns Pass

Can someone please tell me the most economical way to get from Clearwater Beach to Johns Pass without a car. Is it even worth the trip? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Johns Pass

You could just hop on the "Beach Trolley" (Not the "Jolly Trolley" which doesn't go there). It goes from Clearwater Beach, south to St. Pete Beach, including John's Pass Village. It will make other stops along the way, much like a city bus, so it is not as fast as a car, but will be the least amount of $ to get there. www.psta.net

I think it is worth it. There are many fun shops to browse through. Some good restaurants and bars too. Great views from the boardwalk of the water, and some boat rides, parasailing, jet skis etc.

We find ourselves there around once a year, even though it stays mostly the same. A nice and fun way to spend an afternoon.

Middleburg, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Johns Pass

Is Johns Pass fun for teenagers? Where is a good place in this area?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Johns Pass

John's Pass is a very casual fishing village. There are lots of restaurants, shops as well as many things to do on the warf area such as boat cruises, personal watercraft for rent, and fishing cruises. I'm not familiar with the hotels in that area - so can't advise you on places to stay. You could post your question on the Madeira Beach forum.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Johns Pass

Depends on the teen I think. There are jet skis for rent, different kinds of boat rides etc. If not opting for the extra expense of that though, some teens may find it a bit slow/boring. Other than those activities, it mostly is smaller, unique shops, from apparel, to beach supplies, home decor, art, etc. Some are finer offerings, and some are Tshirts, nautical decor, jewelry, food products, etc. There are also several places to get a meal, cold drinks, ice cream, pizza, etc.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
85 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Johns Pass

My teenager loved it and there is a lot of shopping. I highly recommend a day at Johns Pass.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
502 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Johns Pass

There's also a Bubba Gumps there, which my teenagers loved!! It suited all our group, ranging from 12 years to 50 plus, it's a lovely, chilling day out. We used the beach trolley from Sand Key and took advantage if the cocktails on offer on the boardwalk!!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,127 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Johns Pass

Probably cheaper to walk over the Bridge to TI to the south side at Gator's. There are boats there that do trips inlc paralsailing etc and possibly cheaper but not sure.

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Johns Pass

www.johnspass.com has some good info

9. Re: Johns Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Clearwater
Recent Conversations