We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orbit car rental

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
62 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Orbit car rental

We found the best online deal for a 3-week car rental out of the St. Petersburg airport through Orbit Car Rental. Does anyone know about this company?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orbit car rental

I've never heard of Orbit car rental. Many people on the Tampa forum complain about the discount car rental companies. Florida seems to be notorious for trying to upsale and charge extra for insurance, and services, so prices for the discount companies often turns out to be higher in the end than renting from a good, reputable company. It seems car rental is buyer beware. Make sure you read all paperwork and be careful what you initial on electronic contracts. Many companies are not reputable.l and have you initial for things you've told them you don't want. You might want to educate yourself by popping over to the Tampa and Orlando forums and reading their car rental posts.

St. Maarten-St...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Orbit car rental

We have a booking with them for 3 weeks in april at tampa airport the rate is $77 per week plus taxes . Reservation Agent from Orbit told us that they deliver the car and wait for you directly at the tampa airport when you arrive and all paperwork is done in the short term parking lot and also return is easy and simple directly at the airport . can wait to be there in april .

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
62 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orbit car rental

Thanks for the responses. I'd love to hear from someone who has used Orbit and been satisfied. I want a compact for 3 weeks. In talking to Budget, the monthly charge is $760, but if I return it a week early I have to pay the weekly rate which is over $2200! Does this make sense? Does anyone know of a rental company that doesn't charge this kind of penalty for returning a car early?

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,473 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orbit car rental

Karen,

Have you tried Enterprise? I looked into Orbit and it seems like a small company and very new. I hope they do well, but the idea of dealing with such an unknown company scares me. I'm dealing with high rental car costs for my upcoming trip, but I'm not willing to take a chance on this unknown company.

Middletown ps
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Orbit car rental

We just returned from three weeks in florida, flying in & out of St petersburg airport. We used ORBIT car rental and were quite pleased. they are off site a mile or two but were waiting for us when our allegiant flight arrived which was 11 pm. We paid $333 for three weeks.

Nice car, clean, no issues. Our departure flight was early in the a m before their office opened so we dropped the rental in the short term parking @ the airport and Orbit picked it up. the usual would be to drop the rental @ their office and they would take you to the airport. Hotwire, priceline and the onsite car rentals couldn't come close to their price. We will use them again for sure. Nice people to deal with.

Lunenburg, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Orbit car rental

DO NOT UNDER any circumstances rent a car from Orbit. They are a fly by night operation. Charged us more than double on credit card and WILL NOT ANSWER PHONE CALLS OR RETURN MESSAGES. Mohammed will cheat you!

Lunenburg, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Orbit car rental

DO NOT UNDER any circumstances rent a car from Orbit. They are a fly by night operation. Charged us more than double on credit card and WILL NOT ANSWER PHONE CALLS OR RETURN MESSAGES. Mohammed will cheat you!

Lunenburg, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Orbit car rental

Dayton, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Orbit car rental

No, don t use this company. I was billed in advance and overcharged. No answer to calls or emails. I cancelled the charge on my credit card, and got another car through Hotwire.

Tampa, Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Orbit car rental

Orbit scammed us. Mohammad rented a car from AVIS for one week then turned around and rented it to my husband and I for 6 weeks. AVIS found out what happened and called us saying they reported the car stolen. We returned the car, filed a police report, and called my credit card to report fraud.