We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tolls MCO to Clearwater and Back to Daytona

Which Clearwater hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lovely Midwest
Level Contributor
374 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Tolls MCO to Clearwater and Back to Daytona

We are arriving in a couple of weeks and are flying into/out of MCO. We will be going from MCO to Clearwater for a couple of days and then will drive to Daytona for a week. Do we need to worry about any cashless tollways on the route?

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,547 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tolls MCO to Clearwater and Back to Daytona

I believe the one to be aware of is the Selmon Expressway (618). You shouldn't need to use it unless you take a wrong turn or something.

Check your rental firms toll policies/toll programme. Dollar has one of the worst - you would need to enrol for around $37 a week. With most others, if you do go through a Sunpass lane or cashless toll it's no big deal as less than $4 charge for their toll service.

https://www.sunpass.com/rentalcar

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,520 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tolls MCO to Clearwater and Back to Daytona

I am not aware of any cashless ones on that route. Both the 417 and 528 coming out of the airport are toll roads, but you can pay cash if you stay to the right at the toll booths. There are no tolls on I-4, I-275, SR 60, or anywhere in Daytona.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tolls MCO to Clearwater and Back to Daytona

Only one in the Tampa/Clearwater/St. Pete area is the Selmon Expressway and it's I-4 connector. You should not need to get on this.

Lovely Midwest
Level Contributor
374 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tolls MCO to Clearwater and Back to Daytona

Thanks for the info!

5. Re: Tolls MCO to Clearwater and Back to Daytona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 06:15