We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Minute Suggestions

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
686 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Last Minute Suggestions

Hi Guys

At last our holiday is almost upon us,we travel in the morning...Can't wait.Anyway a big thanks to all that answered my many questions re Bars,Restaurants,activities etc.

Last question...

Is there anywhere or anything we shouldn't miss while in this part of the world while were here?

Thanks Again.

Kent
Level Contributor
6,305 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last Minute Suggestions

http://www.clearwaterbeach.com/

this is a link from frenchy's motel where we're staying in sept, it has what films they show open air at the pier on weekends as well as lots of other stuff

have a fantastic time

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last Minute Suggestions

Be sure to catch the sunset celebration on the pier. The view from the roof-top bar of the Pier House 60 Hotel can't be beat. No food served there, but a great place to have a drink and see the view. Crabby Bill's BeachWalk for a fun casual, great meal. Have a great trip!!!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
686 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last Minute Suggestions

Hi

Thanks Lorrabell that's a good link.and a huge thanks to you Markbee for all your suggestions,I will follow up on most if not all of your recommendations.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last Minute Suggestions

The sunsets are beautiful on a good night. Mark suggested Jimmy's Crows Nest rooftop bar at the Pier House 60 Hotel - views there can't be beat. We also enjoy Jimmy's Fish House and Iguana Bar. It sits directly on the water with great sunset views and good food. Palm Pavilion also has a large balcony - it sits directly on the sand with great views.

Oslo
Level Contributor
809 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last Minute Suggestions

cooters for buffalo chicken sandwich, frenchys for grouper sandwich.

Kent
Level Contributor
6,305 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last Minute Suggestions

think i've only had grouper once in mexico, in a sandwich is it in breadcrumbs? i see all these posts about grouper but not sure if it's what i;m thinking, thanks

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last Minute Suggestions

Grouper is a mild white fish witha very unique flavor, somewhat of a cross between bass and halibut. It cooks up quite firm with large flakes . Many restaurants in the area offer it battered and fried, sautéed, grilled, blackened or with jerk spices. You will often see it offered as a sandwich in a bun and topped with cheese, tomato and lettuce.

Kent
Level Contributor
6,305 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last Minute Suggestions

mmm i am so fussy but that sounds like what i had, minus any spices, tomato or cheese, thanks

claysville
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Last Minute Suggestions

My Wife and I are here right now. We didnt care for Frenchy's or Crabby Bills. Clear Sky Cafe and Brown Boxer are excellent.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
686 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Last Minute Suggestions

Hi There

We are here at the moment also and totally agree about the Brown Boxer...Superb!

Get answers to your questions about Clearwater
Recent Conversations