We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Tampa airport to Clearwater Beach

Runcorn UK
Level Contributor
142 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Tampa airport to Clearwater Beach

Does anyone know the approximate cost of a taxi from Tampa Airport to Clearwater. We're going to be staying at the Sandpearl Resort? Would we need to book in advance or could we just pick one up from the airport?

Also we need to get from Clearwater to Orlando Airport at the end of our holiday. Any suggestions on the best way to do that?

Many thanks for all help.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,003 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Tampa airport to Clearwater Beach

For TPA to Clearwater you can also check www.supershuttle.com

For Clearwater to Orlando it would be best to rent a car one way or see if www.megabus.com has service.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Tampa airport to Clearwater Beach

A taxi from the Tampa airport to the Sandpearl will be about $60.00 to. $65.00. There are taxis at the airport, so you would not need to book one in advance. The taxis are located on the same level as your luggage.

There is also the super shuttle, but most people find it cheaper to rent a taxi than use the supper shuttle if tou have two or more in your party. The shuttle is located on the level where you pick up your luggage at the corners of the building. The shuttle is shared transportation.

As AhHah mentioned, the easiest way to get to Orlando is to rent a car, because public transportation is very poor. Rental companies will let you drop your car at a different location than you picked iit up at - so you can rent one way.

The question of the easiest form of transportation from Clearwater to Tampa has been asked many times in this forum. I do not know or any buses that travel from Clearwater to Orlando. The Red Bus does not do that route and Red Bus from Tampa to Orlando takes a long, out of the way route and would require most of the day. Amtrak travels from Tampa to Orlando, but you would need at taxi on both ends. Some of our forum participants have used a private limo and usually find it to be more reasonable than a taxi, because the limo companies will negotiate price. Greyhound also travels from Tampa to Orlando (there is no longer a terminal in Clearwater), but depots are not in good areas, and Greyhound is not a recommended form iof transportation.

If anyone knows of a bus that travels from Clearwater to

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Tampa airport to Clearwater Beach

I'm sorry about my above post - I'm on the iPhone and it seems to have a mind of its own. I was trying to say - if anyone knows of transportation available from Clearwater to Orlando, please let us know. There are buses that provide transportation from Orlando to Clearwater for day trips - I don't know if they'd let you take one way trips from Clearwater to Orlando.

Runcorn UK
Level Contributor
142 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Tampa airport to Clearwater Beach

Thanks for replies They've been very helpful.

Dublin
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Tampa airport to Clearwater Beach

HI there,

Just wondering if you sorted the transport from Clearwater to Orlando - looking at this for next holiday but don't like driving so if you come across a taxi/limo contact that you used and could recommend, that would be great.

Thanks a mill - Cdee

frankiepancake
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Tampa airport to Clearwater Beach

Does anyone know the cost of transportation from i drive to clearwater, no one wants to drive, we are 6 adults and 6 kids (7-2) we want to stay in clearwater for a few days mid holiday, october 15. Thanks for any help

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Tampa airport to Clearwater Beach

www.orlando-tours.com/…

http://www.floridashuttletransportation.com/ Only as far as Tampa I think.

Private town car tampametrotransport.com/tampa-metro-car-serv…

Birmingham
Level Contributor
36 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Tampa airport to Clearwater Beach

We have just travelled from Orlando to Clearwater, Florida Magical Tours worked out best for us as a family of 4 with lots of luggage. The SUV was $249 with tax and gratuity included. Bit pricey but easier for us personally.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from Tampa airport to Clearwater Beach

Super Shuttle was great! It cost us 97.00 for two people from Tampa airport to yhem Hilton round trip!

10. Re: Taxi from Tampa airport to Clearwater Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 20:28