We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What part of Cocoa Beach to take toddler for sand and shells

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
111 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
What part of Cocoa Beach to take toddler for sand and shells

I want to take my toddler and parents to see the beach and ocean on a day trip from Disney and Cocoa Beach is where I decided to go. What part of Cocoa Beach would be good to take them to play in the sand and look for shells? We are not going to be going in the water.

Also, any suggestions on a good seafood place?

New York
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What part of Cocoa Beach to take toddler for sand and shells

Hi-When we went a few years ago, we stayed at the Hilton, and I walked all up and down that beach area and found many shells. We're going again in a few weeks, and I have my ziplock baggies already! Of course I can't remember what I did with my last batch of shells, but they are fun to collect-but the area I mentioned by the Hilton is fairly quiet since you have a little one-enjoy! As far as seafood- check out the restaurants on this sight-apparantly there are some good ones near the port area where you can watch the ships come and go-

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
582 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What part of Cocoa Beach to take toddler for sand and shells

For seafood, I'd suggest Fish Lips right in Port Canaveral. Well prepared food & moderately priced. Indoor & outdoor tables, so you can go regardless of the weather. As it's right on the water, you get to watch the boats as you eat.

3. Re: What part of Cocoa Beach to take toddler for sand and shells

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 09:16