We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cocoa or ...

Which Cocoa Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mahwah
Level Contributor
822 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Cocoa or ...

Looking for a family getaway for 2 adults and one female 16 yr old within 3 hr drive south of Jacksonville. We will need a great beach and some fun stuff to do at night. We've been to Daytona and don't like the fact that people can drive on the beach. Any ideas? Is Cocoa the right place for us? I haven't been there in about 10 yrs. Thanks

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
677 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cocoa or ...

I prefer Melbourne Beach to Cocoa. The hotels and restaurants are better. Sebastian State Park is 15 min south for kayaking or boat rental.

The Hilton, Doubletree, or Holiday are the hotel choices in the preferred order. Bonefish Willies, Melos Italian, Island Fish Grill, Bizarros Pizza, Yellow Dog, Bunkys, and Meg O Malleys are a good beginning of restaurants.

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cocoa or ...

We personally liked Fernandina Beach and Amelia Island in general better than either Cocoa Beach or Daytona Beach. We loved the little town of FB, with its cute shops, historic architecture, and sandy beach and very friendly people. The island itself has a lot to offer. Check it out.

New York
Level Contributor
100 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cocoa or ...

How about the Clearwater, Redington, Madiera, St. Pete Beach areas? Lots of choices and lots to do in the area-something for everyone. I am here now and the gulf waters are between 81-83 degrees so it's great.

Enjoy yoru trip.

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,574 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cocoa or ...

Either the Melbourne area or Cocoa Beach would be fine. Cocoa Beach is about 2.5 hours from Jacksonville. Melbourne is about 3 hours.

St Augustine also has a decent nightlife and is less than an hour from Jacksonville.

Viera, Florida
Level Contributor
901 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cocoa or ...

St Augustine is an awesome Beach with lots of history and sightseeing. It also has many nice restruants and good shopping. I'm from Jax and went to St Augustine many weekends. You may even think a little North and try Savannah, GA. My favorite place to go in the Southeast. Lots to do there and close to the beach.

6. Re: Cocoa or ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2010, 05:17