We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A couple of questions

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
625 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
A couple of questions

Just a few more days until my week in Cocoa Beach with my two teens. We are landing in Orlando mid afternoon on Saturday and renting a car. Just checking are tolls the same as last March (2)?

Also we are staying at the Cocoa Beach Club and I would like to go to Walmart on Merritt Island before checking in if possible. I know a Publix is close but would like to get cheaper beer, snacks etc. at Walmart. Would it be faster to cross over from 528 to 520 on the way? If so where would I do it? Looking for a quieter way than perhaps going down 95.

Thanks in advance.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,575 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A couple of questions

Hi, Kim. They went up last year -- I don't remember exactly when. Anyway, there are now two tolls between the north exit of the airport and Cocoa Beach. Each one is a $1 toll if paid in cash. It previously was a single $1.50 toll.

To get to the M.I. Wal-Mart, I would stay on 528 to Banana River Drive south, which leads to 520, just a block or so east of the Wal-Mart. Or, you could take 528 to SR3 south, past the Target, and then 520 east, past the mall, to the Wal-Mart. Taking 520 all the way in will be slowed by traffic in Cocoa.

Enjoy your trip!

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
625 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A couple of questions

Thanks Photo we went down the Banana Rd. and found Walmart easily, having a great time although not as warm as usual. Heading back to MCO on Sat. A.m. And need to get gas. T he closer I get to the airport the scarier the driving gets. Could you let me know the easiest fill up close to the airport?

Thanks.

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A couple of questions

Do NOT fill at the stations right next to the airport unless you want to pay $5-6 a gallon. Exit on 436 from 528 and go north (away from the airport) until you actually see a sign with a gas price listed on it.

I remember a 7-11 not too far down if you want to exit on Narcoosee Rd before you get to the airport, but it has been some time since I have been there. When I visit that area, I use the 417.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,575 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A couple of questions

We usually fill up at the station (BP) right at the Narcossee Rd interchange, two exits before the airport. It's a few cents more than the Racetrack near the port, but right by the Beachline. There's really nothing in between.

5. Re: A couple of questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2014, 06:16