We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All booked May 2014

Level Contributor
179 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
All booked May 2014

We have Booked our flights, car and hotels now as well as our cruise.

We booked flights and car with BA leaving 28th May for 16 nights. Hotel with Hampton Inn twice.

We arrive on the 28th May at Orlando pick up the car and drive straight to Cocoa Beach for 2 nights, We thought it would be better to do the beach days at the start as we might be tired straight after the wedding and with cocoa beach being near Port Canaveral it was ideal for the Royal Caribbean cruise for 3 days to Bahamas, so we booked the Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach.

We cruise until 2nd June and we get back pick up the car from a car park and head straight to Orlando where we are staying in Hampton Inn S of Universal. We are thinking of fitting in maybe Busch Gardens or Sea World as we will be driving from Port Canaveral and the hotel might not be ready at that time.

We not doing Disney as we can't afford to do both Disney and Universal tickets so we plan to buy the Orlando combo ticket to Universal, Sea World, Busch Gardens, Aquatica, WnW as it is a lot cheaper for us.

Has anyone stayed in the Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach or Hampton Inn S Universal...how hard is it to get an upgrade for being on our honeymoon?

Also how do I collect Hilton HH members points if I didn't book with Hilton?

Any advice on the tickets and whether to buy it from Uk for £212 per person or wait? or even skip some parks and do something else?

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,615 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All booked May 2014

Better to ask the park questions on the Orlando forum. Keep in mind that Bush Gardens is beyond Orlando by about 90 minutes, or slightly over two hours from Port Canaveral.

To get Hilton points when booked on a third-party website, I normally just present my card when I check in. Unless the rate is part of a special deal or someone else is collecting the points, there should be no problem, but save your receipt and confirm the points in your account when you get home.

As for the honeymoon upgrade, you should be sure the hotel knows about the special occasion prior to your arrival when they are blocking the rooms. The challenge is to let them know without conveying a sense of entitlement. One of you might just call or email them and ask about getting an ocean view for your new spouse since it's your honeymoon and you want it to be special.

Level Contributor
10,912 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All booked May 2014

Why don't you send them an email and ask directly?

As Photo Travels says, Busch Gardens is in Tampa about 80 or 90 miles southwest of Orlando near the other coast.

Usually, a hotel's check in time is either 3 or 4pm. Going to the hotel before you get to Universal is a good idea. You can pre register and get you bags stored while you are at the park. If that hotel is where I think it is, it is only a couple of miles from the Universal entrance. If it is the hotel south of I-4 on Kirkman and you plan on venturing out from the hotel in the evenings, it is on a VERY busy road so be careful.

Level Contributor
179 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All booked May 2014

Thanks for the replies. I will just go to the space center the day we get back from the cruise, so I can visit Tampa another time.

Thanks again

4. Re: All booked May 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 05:16
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now