We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for a place that will host a private dinner for 2

toronto
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
looking for a place that will host a private dinner for 2

Hi everyone, does anyone know a place where a couple can have a private dinner on the beach or on a small boat?

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,574 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for a place that will host a private dinner for 2

I've seen weddings on the beach, but never seen elegant private table dining on the beach itself, as it is a public area, and others would have the right to be nearby or walk by. There are also restrictions on breakable items and alcohol, so the vision of a nice table for two with wine bottles, a white tablecloth, and candles right next to the surf may not be workable.

Just off the beach may be more doable. Are you staying in an oceanfront hotel? If so, you could contact them to see if something could be arranged on a terrace overlooking the ocean: the Hilton and the Inn at Cocoa Beach are oceanfront and likely to be able to arrange something. There are also a few restaurants that are near the water. Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty has a deck that overlooks the Banana River Lagoon, and there are some covered tables that are semi-private. That's not the ocean, but the sunset views are memorable.

Another thought would be having an elegant picnic in a park overlooking the ocean. Lori Wilson Park beach has some nice small pavillions on its boardwalk , but the park is very busy during the summer. When are you wanting to do this? It might be easier to do off-hours, off-days, or off-season, when you could have more privacy. Cherie Down Park in Cape Canaveral has a pavillion that can be reserved; that park is oceanfront, and usually not very crowded.

If a casual picnic would work, people (including me) have those on the beach all the time, usually on a blanket or using a table under a canopy, but usually that's a do-it-yourself project. There are places that rent and deliver beach equipment, and a caterer or your hotel's room service may be able to make up a picnic meal. The easiest DIY picnic food would be to just go to one of the Publix supermarket delis or get take-out at a local restaurant. For rentals, try A1A Beach Rentals. The best stretch of beach for something like that would be in the more residential areas north of the pier, where it is less crowded.

The boat idea could be more promising. There are pontoon boats that will sail around the Indian River Lagoon. For example, see www.coastallagoontours.com for a six-passenger boat that could be chartered.

The Indian River Queen sternwheeler has scheduled dinner cruises on Fridays and Sundays. It's a bigger boat, and wouldn't be private, but maybe a good table placement would work for you. See www.islandboatlines.com .

Sorry that I can't refer you to a service that would handle all of this for you. Maybe others have done this and know of a caterer that can do everything for you at a reasonable price. If you can, report back as to what you do.

toronto
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for a place that will host a private dinner for 2

Thanks for the info, I'll look into these suggestions.

We will be there during the first week of October.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,574 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for a place that will host a private dinner for 2

Not a particularly crowded time, especially on weekday evenings. The weather is starting to moderate so it will be getting a bit cooler. If I think of anything else, I'll post back. Good luck!

4. Re: looking for a place that will host a private dinner for 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 05:19