We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas lunch at Cocoa Beach

Norwich, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Christmas lunch at Cocoa Beach

We will be holidaying at Cocoa Beach for the Christmas period, staying near the pier. We are a family of 7, the youngest being 15, and are looking for somewhere festive and reasonably priced to spend Christmas lunch. We have 3 vegetarians in the group but do not want a purely vegetarian menu. A good choice for everybody, close to the pier would be great!

Any suggestions?

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,398 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas lunch at Cocoa Beach

The pier area is relatively residential, though there's a splendid Publix supermarket in the area (which will assuredly be closed for Christmas). There's a Beef O'Brady's at the Publix shopping center and a Durango Steak House (local, I think with several locations) also nearby. Neither seems very vegetarian. I don't recall seeing, say, a Thai restaurant. There will be more options at the State Road 520 causeway to Merritt Island, or to its south. Now to see if someone who really knows the area will have ideas.

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,880 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas lunch at Cocoa Beach

Thai Thai is in Cape Canaveral, but I not sure about being open on Christmas.

There are restaurants on the pier. You made need to Google and send an email or call.

Maybe look and do the same for Coconuts further south.

There are also restaurants inside Port Canaveral. They are not walkable, but are a short drive. Fish Lips has event calendars with operating hours online. Also, look at Rusty's and Millikens Reef.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas lunch at Cocoa Beach

"There's a Beef O'Brady's at the Publix shopping center and a Durango Steak House (local, I think with several locations) also nearby. Neither seems very vegetarian."

BlueRusso, your posts never fail to crack me up

Norwich, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas lunch at Cocoa Beach

Thanks for info - gives me more of an idea on where to look.

Norwich, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas lunch at Cocoa Beach

Thank you.

Have enquired to a couple in Cape Canaveral. Coconuts looks fun for a night out during the week.

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,880 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas lunch at Cocoa Beach

If you are going out during the week, Slow and Low is a barbeque place about 3 blocks south of Coconuts. They have good food. The Pig and Whistle is down there as well as a few other places.

If you are still needing places to eat, there are several more about 20 minutes further south in Melbourne.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,548 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas lunch at Cocoa Beach

Many of the restaurants will be closed on Christmas Day, including most of the special cuisines. The exception will be those restaurants located in hotels. For example, Thanksgiving was a similar holiday, and we ate at Gregory's at the Ocean Landings Resort, which has also been open for Christmas in the past. In Cape Canaveral, the restaurant at the Ron Jon Resort will be open. Papa Vito's Italian is in the 6100 block of N. Atlantic, within walking distance of the pier, and is usually open on Christmas. Denny's is another choice that should be open.

I've been to three Thai restaurants in the central Cocoa Beach area: Thai Fuku is very good, see www.facebook.com/ThaiFuku . Also, Siam Orchard is in the La Quinta Hotel along the 1200 block of N. Atlantic Avenue (not the La Quinta at the pier). Thai Paradise is in a strip shopping center on highway 520 just two blocks west of A1A -- about ten blocks from the pier. However, most of these will probably be closed on Christmas Day.

Yen Yen Chinese, at the NW corner of Atlantic Av. and Minutemen Causeway in downtown Cocoa Beach has been open on Christmas Day in the past and would have some vegetarian selections. However, it is several miles south of the pier. This may be your best choice if you have transportation.

The best vegetarian restaurant is the Green Room on North 1st, just west of Orlando Avenue downtown. It will likely be closed on Christmas, but you could call to confirm.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,398 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas lunch at Cocoa Beach

Siam Orchid is a small local chain. There's even an outpost here in Vero Beach.

What of the restaurant at the Four Points by Sheration hotel in the Cocoa Beach Surf Company building?

Norwich, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas lunch at Cocoa Beach

Some excellent information. We arrive in cocoa beach on Friday so we will have a look at some of the places you have recommended. Thank you.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,548 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Christmas lunch at Cocoa Beach

Blue, that's the Shark Pit. It may be open on Christmas, but I don't recall the menu having vegetarian options other than the usual salads. Kids do like the fish tank with the sharks and eels, though.