We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cocoa Beach Towers warning!

Manorville, New York
5 posts
Save Topic
Cocoa Beach Towers warning!

I arrived on April 5, 2014 to rent a unit #16 at Cocoa Beach Tower. I flew from Long Island, NY with my Wife and three children age 4, 1, and 2 months. We drove 45 minutes from Orlando airport to Cocoa Beach. We arrived at the unit at approximately 12:15 pm. The cleaning crew was there and said they needed some more time to get the unit ready. We were early and I had no problem with that, they asked us to give them a couple of hours. I complied with their request. Upon my return to the unit, I was met by a man named Jeff. He explained to me that the unit was uninhabitable. He told me not to worry that he had a single family home that he would let me stay in instead of this unit. When I asked him where it was he told me it was on the other side of A1A and 4 blocks from the beach. I told him that was unacceptable. He seemed confused by my displeasure and made a phone call. After a few minutes, I had the great misfortune of meeting Marla the property manager. She was rude, disrespectful and non-empathetic. She began to lecture me and told me that I had no recourse. She said take the single family home far from the beach or take your refund. She did not offer me an apology or a price break. I was stuck and she could care less. I took my refund. I was fortunate to find a suite in Orlando that cost me $300.00 more then the unit I was suppose to have at Cocoa Beach towers. I believed that they double booked the unit and had to get rid of my reservation. They did not offer me any reason for why the unit was uninhabitable. I was disheartened. I'm from NY and I'm used to being screwed by people. I never expected it to happen to me in a Cocoa Beach a town that I love. My name is Frank my email is A1Gaijin@aol.com if you have any further questions.

Manorville, New York
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cocoa Beach Towers warning!

The business I dealt with is: cocoabeachbest.com

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cocoa Beach Towers warning!

Cocoa Beach Towers is a nice oceanside complex with individually-owned condos. You started out with the expectation of a wonderful vacation there and ended up with a mess. We've all been there in one situation or another and know how frustrating that can be.

You had a contract, but there's no practical way to force them to give you the agreed-on property. You do have a remedy after the fact -- if they cannot provide acceptable alternative lodging, you can do so on your own and then seek reimbursement from them for your reasonable expenses. But, again, that may require some sort of legal action and may not be worth it.

Posting here gives you a chance to vent and can provide others a possible red flag about the business. If they do this a lot, then a picture will begin to emerge. You can also contact the Better Business Bureau or file a complaint with the State of Florida. See freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consu… .

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,615 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cocoa Beach Towers warning!

I am not disputing your horror story. However, you do make yourself less credible with 3 posts hammering one place and nothing about anything else concerning your stay.

Post a review of the place.

I also agree with Photo above.

Also, remove your email address unless you want a message from every spammer on Earth.

Manorville, New York
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cocoa Beach Towers warning!

I'm not sure if you read my post but I didn't get to stay at the condo. How could I post a review? I was screwed royally by this company and I want to warn future renters. I don't want it to happen to another family. This web sight is called tripadvisor so, I am advising. I am in the process of filing complaints and may take legal action.

Edited: 14 April 2014, 18:24
nyc
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cocoa Beach Towers warning!

Same happen to me Marla had no compassion or explanation why my condo was canceled three weeks prior to arrival no return call from Melanie Rogers cost me more to find another place and stress do not deal with cocoa best rental not reliable

nyc
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cocoa Beach Towers warning!

Yes Marla is rude MIT professional cocoa best beach canceled my unit cbt26 3 weeks.before my scheduled arrival with no explanation saying melaone rogers would call with further explanation never called I emailed and called several times no response DO NOT book with cocoa Beach best not reliable cost me $500 more to find another condo for my stay.

nyc
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cocoa Beach Towers warning!

Had similar problem cancel with no explanation did you get reimbursed for 300 dollars

nyc
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cocoa Beach Towers warning!

Why the contract states the condo you are renting it is not cocoa beach towers we are complaining about it is cocoa beach best

9. Re: Cocoa Beach Towers warning!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2016, 05:15