We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving recommendation

Tualatin, Oregon
14 posts
Save Topic
Diving recommendation

Is there a place/dive shop not too far from Crystal River that I can do my open water certification?

I cannot wear a hood and am currently planning to go in Jan/Feb so the water temp. must be warm then. Also, I prefer salt water (no fresh water dive) cause my ears are very sensitive and not much current since I'm a beginner.

I wanted to go to the keys originally to get my cert but I realize now that it's pretty far away from Crystal River (and I really want to see the manatee).

I could change the time of year I go but really wanted to pick the time when I could see the most manatee.

Thanks.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
56 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving recommendation

The water temperature in January will be 72 degrees, however certification dives in crystal river are in freshwater not saltwater. If you call one of the specialty dive shops (American Pro Diving probably the most options for certification locations) they may be able to recommend what could work best fo you.

2. Re: Diving recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 11:18