We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday present

Melbourne
Level Contributor
168 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Birthday present

Hi

This one is slightly unusual.

My son lives in Daytona beach. He's studying to become a commercial pilot. Hopefully he does well. But he's turns 23 soon, but what do I get him for his birthday?

I was thinking I could get him a gift voucher from a nice local store in Daytona Beach or maybe Orlando. Something cool for a 23 year old.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Rob

4 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,520 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Birthday present

Does he like racing? Get him a ticket to the Daytona 500. Even tho its a few months away you can buy the ticket now and give it to him, maybe with a hat from his favorite driver. its hard to buy for young people now a days. If he's more into technology stuff or music, then a Best Buy gift card would work. Or several gifts cards to various restaurants. Most young people dont cook, they like to go out to eat.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
168 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Birthday present

Wow, bornwithwheels, you have several great ideas. I'll look into all of them for his birthday and Christmas

Thanks a lot

Rob

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,399 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Birthday present

I was him, minus the commercial pilot part, 30 some years ago (I was in the computer program). Of course the biggest thing is always beer, although I made it a point to not spend gift money from my Mom on beer. Theme park tickets are nice, and I always enjoyed trips over there. You might even look at an annual pass for Universal that includes parking. Race tickets are nice if he's into that sort of thing. Personally I found my way into the speedway through clubs (working concessions) or low-end and special tickets to keep me happy.

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
131 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Birthday present

A gift card for a local movie theater would be much appreciated by anyone in that age group.

Reply to: Birthday present
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted