We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daytona 500 in 2008 - Seats / Tickets / Parking

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
13 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Daytona 500 in 2008 - Seats / Tickets / Parking

Hi Tripadvisor's !

I plan to go to the Daytona 500-Race in Feb 2008. Since I have to plan this trip from Europe and since I am not familiar with the speedway in Daytona, I have a couple of questions and hoping for your tips:

1. Which is the best and trustworthy booking-site for racetickets ?

2. Which seats and/or ticket-packages would you recommend for a first-time-visitor ?

3. How is parking working ?

4. Any recommendation on hotels etc. ?

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Mentioned in this post
Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Daytona 500 in 2008 - Seats / Tickets / Parking

1. Which is the best and trustworthy booking-site for racetickets ?

http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/

At this late date, I would try to see what was available from the speedway for Sunday Only...it will probably only be superstretch (rows between turns 2 & 3) Or wait until Race Day....

All dates - you can get good seats outside of the gate,

Thursday Qualifying races ALWAYS can get good tickets - most of time for face value or less.

Friday - can always get good seats at track or outside of the gate -- - most of time for face value or less.

Saturday -- after spending 2 days at the track - you will recognize better loactions....there will be MANY people outside gate with tickets - so you will be able to bargain -- most of time for face value or a tad more --- prices go down closer to racetime...

Sunday -- you will pay the most for these tickets outside of the track...--- prices go down closer to racetime...

My brother-in-law joined us last year and we found him great seats for Thursday & Saturday from someone that we met in an elevator at Ocean Walk... Face Value -- Campbell Box - "C" row 13...he had seats for Sunday. He had better seats than we did...He did not go on Friday due to cold weather -- I think our family had 2 Friday tix that went unused.....

Fan Zone is worth it ($20/person) on the slower days -- we go on Thursday, but felt that Saturday was too crowded...

2. Which seats and/or ticket-packages would you recommend for a first-time-visitor ?

Now that they have the big screen TVs, you can see the action from any seat, but of course higher is better....I prefer closer to finish line ---

3. How is parking working ?

The closer you park to the track the more costly it can be, although we park on airport property, parking run by the Boy Scouts -- it was $30 (I think) this past year. Some hotels offer a shuttle from hotel to track for a cost...

4. Any recommendation on hotels etc. ?

What are your requirements?

Oceanfront - studio - 1 bedroom - indoor pool required - kitchen required - least expensive - most expensive - walk to restaurants - walk to bars...walk to clubs -- close to track --- on driving beach -- on no drive beach......etc....

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Renata

Lincolnshire, UK
Level Contributor
811 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daytona 500 in 2008 - Seats / Tickets / Parking

Hello

I am going to the race in Feb- i booked our tickets through www.racetickets.com when they 1st went on sale in May. We have tickets on the front stretch (we have been before and did once sit on the super/back stretch and wasnt too impressed but its better than nothing). Racetickets.com is the official seller. I rang up to get my tickets and they were really helpful (the number is 0018669897223).

I have also previously bought tickets off www.frontrowusa.com, they were very helpful & reliable but because they are a ticket agency we had too pay way over the face value of the ticket.

Again i have bought tickets off of ebay for the Las Vegas Nascar race and had no problems, but alot depends on how many tickets you want together and if your bothered where you sit etc (my husband is very fussy and insists on front stretch!!)

We are stopping in a condo at the Hawaiin Inn Daytona beach, this was booked through vacation rentals.com, we are paying about $1600 for 10 nights- not cheap but worth it to be in Daytona. Previous years we have stopped in Orlando and travelled everyday but the traffic can be horrendous and is not much fun with 2 small kids.

Parking is ok (considering the amount of people that will be there) 1st year we used the free parking but after waiting 3 hrs to get on the bus back to the car park, we decided in future to use paid parking . Last time we parked in the Volusia Mall opposite the track for $40 per day.

Have a look on Daytonainternationalspeedway.com as it has a seating map etc.

Jackie x

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Volusia Mall
Volusia Mall
94 Reviews
Daytona Beach, FL
Ohio
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Daytona 500 in 2008 - Seats / Tickets / Parking

Another good site for lodging is craigslist.org. Would not recommend staying and driving to/from Orlando... total gridlock on decent days that week. Tickets are NEVER a problem in Daytona. Even as big as this race is, they are always available on the street before the race and if you are in town all week, there are plenty for sale in the classifieds of the local newspaper (Daytona News-Journal). Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Florida
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Daytona 500 in 2008 - Seats / Tickets / Parking

Shuttles people!! You can park and take a shuttle. The newspaper will have info on the park and ride shuttles. Sunshine park is where we park and ride the shuttle, easy and you don't have to get there at 6 am.

Kamloops, BC
Level Contributor
141 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Daytona 500 in 2008 - Seats / Tickets / Parking

Hi all,

Hubby and I will be in Cocoa Beach the week of the race and are considering driving up for the Thursday Qualifying Races. I was happy to find this thread as it is most informative! So, just to clarify, we should be able to get tickets outside the speedway? And we should be prepared to pay $30-$50 for parking? Think we'll be able to get seats on the front stretch? What time should we get there if the races start at 1:30? Thanks so much!

Mentioned in this post
Cocoa Beach
Cocoa Beach
Brevard County, FL
Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Daytona 500 in 2008 - Seats / Tickets / Parking

You will probably need to pay somewhere near $30 for parking.

If I were you -- I would get there as early as possible -- there are vendors and booths and give-aways and places to eat -- much to do, but much walking.

Look at the DIS site before you go and make a note of where seats are at the track. You should have no problems finding seats -- really decent seats for the race.

Renata

7. Re: Daytona 500 in 2008 - Seats / Tickets / Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 15:17