We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bermuda house

uk
Level Contributor
49 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
bermuda house

I have booked a package with VIP Holidays in Orlando that includes 6 nights at the Country Inn and Suites in Orlando, 4 nights at the Ramada Plaza resort in Ft Lauderdale and 4 nights at the Bermuda House in Daytona. Any info on any of these places please. Looked at some reviews and the 2 latter properties get a very bad write up so I am now worried. Any info re the holiday comnpany too.. VIP Holidays or Amerisuite?

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bermuda house

I think you should read Ft.Lauderdale forum Title of post Ramada plaza resort vacation package.Some believe it is a scam.You can get yor money back some suggest.

East Tennessee
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: bermuda house

My wife and I stayed a week at the Bermuda House last summer...and had a great time! we really enjoyed it, and had no problems at all. They were very nice, and it was clean, etc. We hope to go back later this year.

uk
Level Contributor
49 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bermuda house

This is an update on my origianl posting.

I have now booked and received confirmation from VIP holidays. I am booked into the accomodation stated above I know we have to sit through a timeshare thingumy in Orlando but that is all. So I am hopeful that everything will be okay. I just worry that we will get there and find no accommodation for us! Wish I could find someone who had used this company etc.

Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: bermuda house

speaking as a hotel guest service agent I will tell you the only thing to be ready for is not having an ocean front room, many hotels only book city side rooms or ocean view rooms for these companies, read your paper work very carefully, more then likely it says you will be staying at an ocean front property or hotel not staying in a ocean front room. But you will have a room if you call the hotel and ask about your reservations do not get upset if they do not have it, the company has a block of rooms daily but they do not send over the list of names until the day of check in ( this is in most cases)

if you want an ocean front room ask if they can upgrade you sometimes the front desk will do this at no cost if they have plenty of rooms but if they have few rooms they we charge you and upgrade fee around $30 a night. Hope you have a great trip

Get answers to your questions about Daytona Beach
Recent Conversations