We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars with live music?

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Bars with live music?

My husband and I will be coming to Daytona next weekend and would love to find a casual, laid back place with live music, preferably blues or rock. Any suggestions?

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars with live music?

Hi BW,

Just returned home (from Daytona) and many many places have live music...

Ocean Deck -- Carribbean Jacks -- Boot Hill Saloon on Main Street has good bands.

We also found the River Grill to have live entertainment and we like a little place on US 1 called Tattoo Tavern -- saw the Rythem Sharks there last year and they were quite good....

My E-mail -- Bluzin1 is actually from my younger days when I would frequent the Bluz clubs around Chicago...we do not look for live entertanment much around home -- but we always try to find bands when we are in town (Daytona)

Also saw a great band Razorbacks -- at Biketoberfest -- great rock - blues band...

Renata

centerburg, ohio
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
933 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars with live music?

Hey Renata:

Good information Renata. Even if you think you don't like reggae music, give Ocean Deck a try. It is so much fun and everyone is so friendly and you hear a band while looking at the ocean. The bike bars on Main Street have good rock/blues bands. Renata mentioned a place on US1 and it made me think of the Boot Hill Saloon on US1 (there is one on Main Street also). I went there once and felt a little out of place, with mostly bikers there, but it was friendly and the music was good.

There are some country clubs also that get good reviews. I haven't tried them though.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
672 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars with live music?

bw35, there's also Adobe Gila's in the Ocean Walk Shoppe complex - they always have a live band playing there, and the drinks are good!

Daytona Beach, Fl
Level Contributor
824 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars with live music?

The Bank and Blues Club on Main Street. Must everyone that belongs to the Daytona Blues Soceity plays there. Some really terrific musicians. Wednesday is open mike....very cool.

If you live close to Winter Park in Orlando area try Dexters On New England Sreet in Hannibal Square they have some kick but bands.

Don't forget Inlet Harbor in Ponce Inlet for some good music depending on who they have playing there. Check there website out.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars with live music?

Thanks for all your replies - I'm taking notes and can't wait to check out some of these places.

hotandsandy - I was just at Dexter's in Winter Park a couple weeks ago and saw a great band - I didn't realize they had live bands on a regular basis but I'll definitely be back.

Thanks again!

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bars with live music?

Fun note about Boothill Saloon on US 1...

We happened to hit Boothill during Octoberfest because we like David Allan Coe and wanted to see his performance....

Well the artist who sang "Take this Job & Shove It" and about 100 cheating songs is songing a new tune...

He's a single dad and has his kids on stage --- ( guitarist )

he sings about being a single dad --- still crying the bluz after all this time....

Not quite the Von Trapp Family (yet) --- give him some time...

Renata

Florida
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bars with live music?

Robbie O'Connells is an Irish pub on seabreeze. Next to Molly Browns, across the street from the Oyster Pub. They have live music but they are also one of the nicest pubs in Daytona. RobbieO'ConnellsPub.com will give you more info on the nights they have live music.

Michigan
Level Contributor
237 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bars with live music?

I wish I had a buck for every beer I drank and oyster I ate at the ocean deck. :)

9. Re: Bars with live music?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 10:21
Get answers to your questions about Daytona Beach