We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coke zero 400 7/5/08

covington,la
Level Contributor
814 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
coke zero 400 7/5/08

Ok we know absolutely nothing about Nascar (except there are fast cars). But we won a trip to the race Saturday. We'll be bussed in from Orlando around 5p...then..??? Can ya'll tell me ANYTHING to expect? We are used to crowds what with Mardi Gras and Jazz Fest and all, but what about bathrooms, food, drinks (other than beer..perhaps wine?..cheap is fine) We may have a specific area since Coke was a trip sponsor but I just don't know. This should be a GAS, my brother is crazy jealous!

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,861 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: coke zero 400 7/5/08

Lucky dogs! There will be beer and lots of Coke, I would guess. There are lots of restrooms and food, maybe special food for the Coke guests. Report back and let us know how it went so we can all be more jealous.

Orlando
Level Contributor
463 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: coke zero 400 7/5/08

Pokes at Hoosier..(just to be mean)

I'm going too!!!

covington,la
Level Contributor
814 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: coke zero 400 7/5/08

any advice capt?

Lincolnshire, UK
Level Contributor
811 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: coke zero 400 7/5/08

Maria.. i have replied to your post on the Orlando Forum... but if you want anymore advice feel free to PM me

Jackie x

FLORIDA
Level Contributor
79 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: coke zero 400 7/5/08

Maria,

First thing I would do is go to the DIS website and read the restrictions of what you can and cannot bring into the race track. Will save you some hassle

when you get to the gate.

Next, it will be LOUD!!!!! You might want to invest

in some ear plugs that they sell at the track.

Weather is always a factor. Some ponchos might not be a bad investment. Florida showers can come and go in minutes. Plan on it being pretty warm.

Food at the track tends to be expensive. Beer definitly is. ($6.00 a can) If you are near the stand, I recommend the fried bologna sandwich.

Most important, plan on having one great time. If you have never been to a NASCAR race trust me it is awesome, especially at night.

After the race they put on a super fireworks show.

Hope this helps a little. Let us all know how you enjoyed it.

K T

PS: pull for the #20 car!!!

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,861 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: coke zero 400 7/5/08

Hopefully Coke will take care of most of your drink and food needs. The hearing protection is a great idea, although, when we went to Bristol it was never loud enough to need them in the stands. I would suggest you may want to rent a set of the headphones and radio that allows you to listen in on your "new" favorite driver and their crew chief during the race.

And yes (sad face) it is mean since I can't be there...... :-(

And even though Tony is from Indiana and I hope in a Chevy next season, boooooo Tyta........ ;-) Maybe then Tony will have another chance to win the Indy 500 (I understand Gibbs wouldn't allow Tony to drive Indy cars while under contract).

covington,la
Level Contributor
814 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: coke zero 400 7/5/08

thank you all so much.

Now..(stirrin the pot...heh heh) Who should we pull for. My brother says 99 carl Stewart, my husband say the guy who drives the Glock car...I always like an underdog (it's a N.O.Saints thing)

Lincolnshire, UK
Level Contributor
811 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: coke zero 400 7/5/08

You should pull for Jeff Gordon or Kevin Harvick... most of the crowd will be pulling for Dale Jr so its good to be different!!!!

Anyone but Kyle Busch though!!

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,861 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: coke zero 400 7/5/08

Number 88, Dale Jr. He is the king of the restrictor plate races. You may as well root for a winner!

covington,la
Level Contributor
814 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: coke zero 400 7/5/08

good race ya'll! It was lots of fun. I didn't hink the crowds were too substantial. The fireworks were amazing!! Thanks for all the help! Working on our pictures, they may not be salvagable.

Get answers to your questions about Daytona Beach