We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NEW La Quinta

Which Daytona Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Port Orange, Florida
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Topic
NEW La Quinta

A BRAND NEW La Quinta just opened in Port Orange today. It's ~10 minutes south of the Speedway.

It's located at 1791 Dunlawton, by the I-95 interchange.

Walk to Target, Bob Evans, Panera, & more!

Let me tell you folks, I got a "sneak peek" at the interior and it's pretty SWANKY!

Make your reservations for Race Weeks today!

(Hint: Mention "Grand opening" rate.)

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NEW La Quinta

Whoo Hoo...I am glad it's finally opened!!!

Florida
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NEW La Quinta

It does look nice and in a very safe area. The 100& Italian place is suppose to be great.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,710 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NEW La Quinta

Is this on the beach or more in town?

I read part of the other Daytona post by the person reporting on crime, it's sort of funny, we have never felt like any of the beach areas or touristy spots we have been to have been dangerous.

Maybe with the lone exception of the guy who appeared to be living in the restroom at the huge flea market on our last trip. Not that the restroom was dark or dirty, it was just surreal, walking into a public restroom at a flea market, having someone greet you, point out the obvious toilet stall, point out the soap and paper towels, brickabrack and pictures everywhere, and then standing at the door awaiting a tip?

Everywhere else we have been, Daytona Speedway, greyhound racing track, putt putt golf, ponce inlet lighthouse, aunt catfish's on the river, angell and phelps chocolate factory tour, department stores, pizza hut, beach, boardwalk, etc. have all seemed to be clean and safe?

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: NEW La Quinta

I'm pretty sure the new LaQuinta is inland by the looks of the address.

I posted some info about Daytona crime rates about a week ago. Go to City-data.com. On the city listings for crime you will see Daytona way down under other cities in Florida for crime rates. It includes bigger and smaller cities in Florida. So no worries really about Daytona Beach. Thousands and thousands of tourists just like you visit That awesome, gourgeous beach every year without incidence, enjoy :)

punz

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,122 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NEW La Quinta

Hoosier- gwennie states the location:

It's located at 1791 Dunlawton, by the I-95 interchange.

This means is it right off of I 95 in Port Orange. That is inland.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,710 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NEW La Quinta

I thought it must be, didn't know for sure.

I know my way around the area a bit, but I don't pay much attention to road names unless I am looking for something new.

Sort of like a second hometown, learned to get around, never learned the names of many of the roads. Sort of go down to the last stop light and turn right, go over the bridge and Aunt Catfish's is on the left sort of thing.

We just look for the giant tiki head when looking for our favorite hotel.

Now with GPS, it is even worse.

Thanks for the clarification.

Port Orange, Florida
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: NEW La Quinta

It's inland. ~10 minutes to the beach.

Port Orange, Florida
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: NEW La Quinta

Hoosier, I know what you mean about the restroom attendant at the Flea Market. HAHA! I've learned to "go" before I go up there.

Also, Port Orange has an excellent police force that take their jobs very seriously and are constantly on patrol. PO's biggest crime problem is probably shoplifters at Walmart. I can't say enough good things about our Police Dept. and I feel very safe living here.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: NEW La Quinta

Is this walk to the Bob Evans on Dunlawton or on International Speedway?

Cuz if it's Bob Evans on Dun;awton then this is somewhat near a shopping plaza and may be near the intersection of Clyde Morris & Dunlawton...

Renata

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,122 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NEW La Quinta

It is right off I 95, you can see it from 95, you could jump the guardrail and be in the parking lot. Bob Evans is farther east.