We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a room the night before the 500

FLORIDA
Level Contributor
79 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a room the night before the 500

I know it is probably a loooooooooong shot but if anyone hears of something, please sing out. Would prefer something on the beach anywhere in the Daytona area at a "fair" price. (what ever "fair" is during speedweeks) :)

Mom and pop type are fine.

Thanks in advance!

K T

Illinois
Level Contributor
8 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a room the night before the 500

Have you tried Ocean Mist Motel at Ormand Beach? We just got reservations there today. They said it was about 11miles from the track.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,333 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a room the night before the 500

Doubt seriously if you're going to find much for only one night. All the places I know are requiring several night's stay during Race Week.

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,168 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a room the night before the 500

There’s been a story on the news the last day or two that hotel bookings are not what they had been this year. They even still have rooms at the Ramada across the street from the speedway which is unheard of.

I did a little nosing around and saw that there are rooms available on the beachside. I’m not sure about the price or the length of stay requirements (the Hilton was $495 and the Hampton had rooms). My guess is you’d at least be able to avoid the length of stay issue.

Try Orbitz or somebody like that for a list of places that do have rooms. If there's a place you'd like to stay but they say they're booked up, maybe try giving them a call.

4. Re: Looking for a room the night before the 500

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2009, 12:39
5. Re: Looking for a room the night before the 500

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 12:25