We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay...and bars to visit...for 35-45 y/o guys?

Murphy, Texas
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay...and bars to visit...for 35-45 y/o guys?

Looking into flying into Orlando/Tampa and meeting up with some buddies (35-45 year olds) to see the Spring Daytona Beach Car Show & Swap Meet.

Would like to stay on the beach, close to the action at night. Oceamwalk looks nice but a little 'family-oriented', any recommends? Would like to walk to the nightlife or take a short cab ride, responsible drinking (the driving part anyway) is important. Just staying Friday and Saturday night then heading to south Florida for a visit.

And what about the nightlife? Club scene may not suit us if it's 20 y/o kids...drinking, dancing, billiards/darts and cougars are more our 'speed'.

What do locals recommend???

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay...and bars to visit...for 35-45 y/o guys?

Oyster Pub is a sports pub... on Seabreeze...couple of bikini clubs are right around corner if you want to loose a few bucks...

I prefer the bars on Main Street....Froggys...Dirty Harrys... Filling Station ... billiards-- not too many dart boards on Main Street..

Renata

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay...and bars to visit...for 35-45 y/o guys?

Maybe look into the Hilton at OceanWalk area or Plaza Resort and Spa, in the same general area. Along with Renata's suggestions, try Ocean Deck, just south of Main Street Pier. I think they have music downstairs and it opens onto the beach. Mai Tai bar right at Ocean Walk would be good too.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,858 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay...and bars to visit...for 35-45 y/o guys?

If you stay at the Best Western Aku Tiki Inn, they offer a free manager's happy hour each evening at the attached Trader's restaurant. Free beer, wine and well mixed drinks. The hotel is very nice and clean, right on the beach, and a few short minutes from the main part of Daytona. Not much nightlife, but, if you drink a few each night, the rooms rates become very competitive. Check out the reviews on TA.

Nitro, West Virginia
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay...and bars to visit...for 35-45 y/o guys?

The Bahama House has a free happy hour each evening also. However, from what I can tell, it is AWAY from the nightlife.

We plan on checking out The Aquarium also. It looks like an interesting place from the restaurant/bar reviews on this site. I have been to Ocean Deck and it is a fun, very casual atmosphere directly on the beach. My only concern this time of year there would be Spring Break kids.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay...and bars to visit...for 35-45 y/o guys?

robbieoconnellspub.com/images/…DSC00252.JPG

Best Pub in Daytona On Seabreeze close to the beach, Oyster Pub across the street.

I love the Hilton because it is across the street from the Ocean Center, close to shops, movies, and walking distance to Robbies.

6. Re: Where to stay...and bars to visit...for 35-45 y/o guys?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 12:31