We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marine Terrace

Mars
Level Contributor
227 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Marine Terrace

We've traded our time share week and the only place open for Daytona Beach is the Marine Terrace for May 8-15. Has anyone stayed there? What do you think? Is the area nice? How about that week...anything happening we should be aware of? By the way, we're a retired couple in our early 60's. Will there be things there for us to do...really just need the beach, but wondering about other activities. Thanks for your assistance.

Mars
Level Contributor
227 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marine Terrace

Please...can anyone at least tell me if this hotel/condo is in a decent and safe area. Does the building look run down? I understand if you haven't stayed there you can't comment on the room conditions. Thanks.

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marine Terrace

Sorry no one has answered. Yes, It is in a safe area. It is south of the "main area" of Daytona. We have only driven by and really haven't paid much attention to it. It should be fine for you.

Actitives other than the beach. Go south to Ponce Inlet and see the lighthouse, you can tour the grounds and the lighthouse. If you decide you don't want to do the self guided tour you can always just look around the gift shop and see the lighthouse. In that same area there are some restaurants. If you enjoy music go to Inlet Harbor, sit outside enjoy the evening and music. All ages are there. The marine science center is also in that area and for a 5.00 donation you can see the small museum, rescued sea turtles and birds. They close early 4:00, and are closed on Mondays. Fishing boats also dock there, so you could go down one afternoon and watch them come in with their catches.

Do you enjoy baseball? Daytona Cubs is the minor league team, cheap tix and events are usually going on.

You can visit Destination Daytona if you want to see the race track.

There is a flea and farmers market that is open Fri, Sat and Sun.

Dog track if you like dog racing.

Hope this helps some. You can search the threads for more ideas. Good luck.

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marine Terrace

Destination Daytona is not the race track, I am trying to do too many things......so sorry......Daytona Speedway is the race track. Destination Daytona is the place for bike week.

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marine Terrace

I am mistaken again......I am thinking of another place, I looked up Marine Terrace's address and it is NORTH of the main area and Ocean Walk. It is a safe area.

Mars
Level Contributor
227 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marine Terrace

Thanks for your help. Hope the rooms are okay. The only things I really can't stand is dirty and smelly. Old is alright.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,921 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marine Terrace

You could rent a golf cart to drive on the beach. Angell and Phelps free chocolate factory tour, park in the rear, no steps up, about a half hour with free sample at the end. Aunt Catfish's on the river for great southern cooking, large fiberglass fish on the pier to the left for free photo op. Ritter's frozen Custard on the mainland for a decadent treat. Trader's restaurant for great hot wings (attached to the Aku Tiki Inn). Hawaiin Inn has a very nice luau in the hotel. Fishing from the pier. The Daytona track tour and IMAX is very worth doing. They stop on the track in the winner's circle for a photo op.

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
731 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marine Terrace

They have just completed some renovations. It is in a safe area. Based on reviews from various timeshare sights, it gets good reviews. The only real complaint is the cramped parking in the underground parking garage. Please write a review when you return and let us know what you thought of it. I'll be there that same week, but staying at the Daytona Resort and Club.

Mars
Level Contributor
227 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marine Terrace

I think I read something about being charged for parking there. That seems unlikely, but am wondering

if anyone knows about this. Thanks to all of you for your advice.

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
731 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Marine Terrace

They do not charge you for parking.

ohio
Level Contributor
110 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Marine Terrace

What did you think of Marine Terrace? We might do an exchange.

Get answers to your questions about Daytona Beach