We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daytona in the middle of Feb

British Columbia,
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Daytona in the middle of Feb

Hi, we are planning a trip to Daytona next Feb I'm hoping someone can let me know what kind of weather to expect, will there be any swimming in the beach? Or is the water too cold? thanks for any input

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daytona in the middle of Feb

The water is very cold that time of year, in the 60's. The beach can be windy and cold or it could be a warm spell. Most hotel pools are heated. It is dry season so rain at that time is rare. Since you are from BC it may be warm to you!

British Columbia,
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Daytona in the middle of Feb

Thank you, my daughter wants to pack her wet suit....We will be staying at Wyhndam's Ocean Walk in a 3 bdrm deluxe hoping it will be nice.

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daytona in the middle of Feb

You'll have a great stay there!

British Columbia,
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Daytona in the middle of Feb

hi do you know the difference between a 3 bdrm and a 3 bdrm deluxe, also do you know where rm 523 would be located? It's say it sleeps 10 i hope it won't be too crowded.

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Daytona in the middle of Feb

Sorry I don't know, hopefully Bluzin will be on and see this, she will know. If she doesn't respond in a few days you may try PMing her.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,926 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Daytona in the middle of Feb

By February, the chance of a freeze is dropping, and the weather should be pleasant and quite low-humidity.

Bringing a wetsuit is a splendid idea. There's likely to be some surf. Here's an animation (water temperature at the beach can be affected by wind-caused upwelling and other local factors):

http://www.coastalclimate.org/marine/sst.php

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,947 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Daytona in the middle of Feb

Mid February brings the Daytona 500 race at the speedway. Are you coming during that time? It will be very crowded and expensive if you are.

Have done Daytona a few times in late February and the weather is very iffy. Some days are very nice, but some days are down right too cold and windy or even rainy for much outdoor activity.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Daytona in the middle of Feb

Hi C-bear -- there is only 1-- 3 bedroom floorplan --

they built them mirrored so you could get kitchen to left or kitchen to right ---

but they are all 3 bedroom deluxes.....

daytona-beach-blog.com/2009/ocean-walk-resor…

523 -- means north tower - 5th floor -- right off elevator.

Keep in mind that with the timeshares -- the room designation is not written in stone -- they could assign you to any 3 bedroom condo on your arrival...

You will want a wet suit to swim in the ocean-- the indoor pools will be appreciated. You can lay out on the beach -- there will be sunshine -- the breezes off the water may be a bit cool...

Renata

British Columbia,
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Daytona in the middle of Feb

Thanks to everyone...We will be there a couple days after the race, so I would think most people would be leaving the day after the race. I guess you can't get away from the prices of things.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,926 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Daytona in the middle of Feb

Races produce traffic on a vast scal

Get answers to your questions about Daytona Beach