We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Publix or Winn Dixie

Which Daytona Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Missouri
Level Contributor
139 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Publix or Winn Dixie

Hi. We are here in Daytona on vacation. We are going to need to go tomorrow to get some groceries. We found a Publix and a Winn Dixie near and were just wondering which one was cheaper and which you prefer and why? Thanks.

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Publix or Winn Dixie

Personally I’ll only go to Publix or the Walmart Super Center (there are 3 or 4 Super Centers in town and they’re relatively easy to get to). Winn Dixie likes to say there cheaper than Publix, although when I’ve looked in the past they were just comparable. But, Winn Dixie annoyed me several times in years past, so I rarely go into them anymore. Publix always has the nicest stores. Walmart always has the best prices.

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Publix or Winn Dixie

I like Publix for it's Deli and meats, they also have a lot of 2 for 1 sales, in which I take advantage. Wynn Dixie may be cheaper, I just don't like Wynn Dixie as well.

Before moving to Florida, we would always go to the Publix in Daytona Beach Shores.

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Publix or Winn Dixie

Wynn=Winn, ( I still have Wynn on my mind from Las Vegas!!)

Like No Member says Super Walmart is good too for staples.

Ontario's Near...
Level Contributor
261 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Publix or Winn Dixie

I'm with teachrsue on this one - Publix is much better grocery store - I also have shopped at the Publix in Daytona Beach Shores and it's great - Deli items are fresh - you can get everything you need.

Green Cove Springs...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Publix or Winn Dixie

I would NEVER buy Meat, Produce, Bakery, or Deli food from Winn-Dixie. I only trust Publix for that stuff. Winn Dixie is ok for convenience staple goods. I have found Publix to be cheaper. You have to have a card to get the sale prices at Winn Dixie. Publix doesnt have one.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Publix or Winn Dixie

I prefer Publix as well, we always go to the one in the Bellair shopping center on N Atlantic (A1A). They have tons of suncreen, beach toys, chairs etc as well. Walmart supercenter is the place to go for many food items except meat. I do not buy any meat at Walmart, yuck.

punz

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,133 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Publix or Winn Dixie

Another vote for Publix.

We always shop at the one in Daytona Beach Shores next to the City Hall area and across from the Oceans Condos.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Publix or Winn Dixie

I haven't been to a Winn Dixie because there is a Publix only a block from where we stay, but I must say I love that store, love the 2 for 1 specials and I think their meat department is great! Last trip to Daytona (3 weeks ago) I went to Publix 5 times during my 10 day stay!

Marion, NC
Level Contributor
442 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Publix or Winn Dixie

No Member said there were 3 or 4 Wal Mart Supercenters in town. Where are they located? We always go to the one near the end of Nova Rd which is near Ormond, I believe. Just wondering if there is a super center near Daytona Beach Shores?

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Publix or Winn Dixie

The one down in Port Orange should be closer to you than the Ormond Beach one. Just head South to the Port Orange Bridge/Dunlawton Ave. Head West on Dunlawton out towards I-95. The Walmart Super Center is at the South East corner of Dunlawton and Clyde Morris (left side, near corner), a half a mile before you get to I-95.

As the crow flies, the Super Center on Beville Road is probably closer to the Shores, but the directions are more complicated and it’s not all that much closer since you’d have to go up or down to one of the bridges to get across the river.