We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2010 Daytona 500-2 days only-Hotels?

Which Daytona Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
18 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
2010 Daytona 500-2 days only-Hotels?

Hi Everyone,

Any information provided would be helpful. We are travelling from California and will be at the Daytona 500 Saturday and Sunday. I am having difficulty locating lodging-everyone has a 5 night minimum or very high rates. Since we will be at the track we don't want to splurge is there any suggestions on lodging? Maybe another town? We were also thinking of going to the Kennedy Space Center.... Thanks!

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2010 Daytona 500-2 days only-Hotels?

You will probably have to stay toward the Orlando area. Maybe Lake Mary, or Sanford. But be warned in advance, high rates and minimum stays are the norm for race week. Maybe try New Smyrna Beach. Or, if you are going to KSC, try Titusville, Cocoa, or Cocoa Beach, or even Melbourne. Not likely that you will be able to stay close.

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2010 Daytona 500-2 days only-Hotels?

If you are thinking of going to the Space Center maybe look at Titusville. There is a brand new Fairfield Inn right off the highway. It would be easy to get on 95 and go up to Daytona about a 45 minute drive. Hampton Inn is also location right next to the Fairfield.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,122 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2010 Daytona 500-2 days only-Hotels?

Agree you'll probably have to head Orlando direction in order to get away from "minimum night stays" and get cheaper prices.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2010 Daytona 500-2 days only-Hotels?

Port Orange has a new La Quinta and is about 5 miles (?)...anyway not far south of the track on I-95. Much closer than Orlando.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,122 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2010 Daytona 500-2 days only-Hotels?

Yes, but the LaQuinta is for sure going to have a minimum night stay of more than 2 nights during race week, so it won't work.

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2010 Daytona 500-2 days only-Hotels?

This past year rooms went begging and I’d be amazed if things are any better next year. You might consider calling hotels directly to see if they’ll waive the 5 day minimum. Or, just waiting until they start to blink in December or January. Worst case there have always been rooms in the Orlando area.

That LaQuinta down in Port Orange sounds like a reasonable option too. Down towards KSC, there are a number of hotels right at the exit on I-95 (exit 215). But, those are 50 miles away.

Lincolnshire, UK
Level Contributor
811 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2010 Daytona 500-2 days only-Hotels?

I had a similar dilema this year..

The La Qunita at Port Orange will only do min 5 night stays during race week.

The 2 places i found that would do a 1 night stay was an Econolodge that i think was in Ormond Beach and The Palm Plaza.

We did stop at the Palm Plaza but they wouldnt do a 1 night booking direct.. i had to go through lastminute.com .. from memory we paid about $200 for the 1 night (might have been more i cant quite remember), but i was only able to book about 3 weeks before the 500.

I must have emailed about 50 hotels and no-one wanted to know.. but when in Daytona for race week lots of places were advertising 1 & 2 nights stays , one being the hotel opposite the track (Ramada i think).

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
18 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2010 Daytona 500-2 days only-Hotels?

Thanks for all the great information everyone! It certainly has started me on my research. Being the first time to the race I did not realize the hotels and lodging could require five nights. I appreciate all the input. We go to the race here in Sonoma and it is not as difficult. Any other suggestions of activities along the Florida Coast?

Lincolnshire, UK
Level Contributor
811 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2010 Daytona 500-2 days only-Hotels?

Next year we are stopping in Daytona Beach for 9 nights..

What sort of things interest you?? Typically we spend time on the beach, maybe have a day or to in Orlando.

Plenty to do at the track itself, usually something going on and it takes a while to go round all the hauliers/displays etc.

When do you arrive in Daytona?? At the moment there is a shuttle scheduled to launch on the Thursday prior to the 500 , so that may impact on your decision to visit KSC .

I'd like to visit California (so would the kids) but my husband wont entertain the idea of a nascar race at Sonama or Fontana.

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2010 Daytona 500-2 days only-Hotels?

Depending on how long you are here you may go up to St Augustine, north of Daytona. Oldest city in the US. Lots of history, a fort, shops, nice day trip. Also has an outlet mall. If you don't mind the drive about an hour from Daytona that could be an option for lodging too.