We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daytona in March w/kids?

Ohio
Level Contributor
141 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Daytona in March w/kids?

We're planning a family trip to Orlando in March and are thinking about taking a day trip to Daytona to see the Speedway and go to the beach. There will be two little ones in our group (ages 5 & 7) and also older kids (teenage). From reading past posts, I'm getting the idea that Daytona is kind of run down and that perhaps March is not a great time to go there with little kids. Can anyone give me some insight as to what the area is like and if it is "family friendly'? Thanks!

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daytona in March w/kids?

When do you plan to be in Daytona? The first week of March is Bike Week and it is crowded and some areas are not the best for kids. They have bike races at the speedway that week. The weekend of March 26-28 they have the spring car show at the race track. Also they will cruise A1A at night. The family will enjoy it. I was there last year for it and there was nothing to worry about the kids with. Just watch for traffic. There was not any spring break crowd there.

Daytona does not have the spring break crowds like they us to. They do have the black college party but I can not recall when it is. Something was posted on another question the other day. I will look for it.

Daytona is okay. Some people like it and some don't.

John

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daytona in March w/kids?

I just did a web search and BCR is schedule for March 11 through 14 is daytona but is subject to change per the website.

John

Lincolnshire, UK
Level Contributor
811 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daytona in March w/kids?

My kids are 7 & 10 and we are having 10 nights in Daytona Beach in Feb.

We having been taking the kids on daytrips to DB since they were babies and then last year we also had 10 nights there.

Our primary reason for going is for Daytona Speedweeks, but we find plenty of other things to do with the kids on the days we arent at the track.

Its a bit rundown in places.. but on the whole i think its pretty family friendly.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,779 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Daytona in March w/kids?

The ocean will be rather cold, but this doesn't seem an issue. The County operates several superb beachfront parks.

5. Re: Daytona in March w/kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2010, 07:21
Get answers to your questions about Daytona Beach