We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Front Dining for Luncheon Party of 12

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Front Dining for Luncheon Party of 12

We will be hosting a luncheon in Daytona for a family party of 12 including about 4 children. We are looking for ocean (or water) view. What are some decent places to consider for an intergenerational group?

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Front Dining for Luncheon Party of 12

Hello, I found this website which has some ideas. You may want to call to see how they can accomodate the party of that size. There are a several waterview restaurants, some with the decks, I have a hard time visualizing how they can arrange tables, for a large party. Hope this helps.

squidoo.com/daytona-beach-waterfront-dining

Orlando
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Front Dining for Luncheon Party of 12

You did not say what kind of dining you are looking for.

Beachfront could be The Shores in Daytona Beach Shores (very nice - former Hilton) but indoors with AC

Crabby Joe's on Sunglo pier - real beach feel, indoor or out - no AC but the breeze is nice to brisk. Food is typical beach fare- edcent but not fine dining, great view(s)

North Turn - a piece of Daytona Beach history - actually a landmark I think. Indoors, outdoors and beach deck. Pretty good stuff. depending on the night could be loud - call ahead to see what music will be on tap. Great gathering place for local and visitors. Good food - located on the site of the north turn of the old beach racetrack with loads of race memorabilia.

I'd also recommend you consider river restaurants vs beach. Down the Hatch, Boondocks, Hidden Harbor. Don't consider the Lighthouse restaurant.

Fine dining is limited unless you go off the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Front Dining for Luncheon Party of 12

Porsche, where is Hidden Harbor, is this a new place?

Orlando
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Front Dining for Luncheon Party of 12

OOPS - should have been Inlet Harbor

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Front Dining for Luncheon Party of 12

Chart House, Inlet Harbor, Carribean Jacks, Ocean Deck,

or how about Top of Daytona ??

All of these would be great places for a luncheon.....

Renata

Mentioned in this post
Chart House
Chart House
618 Reviews
Daytona Beach, FL
Ocean Deck
Ocean Deck
100 Reviews
Daytona Beach, FL
Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Front Dining for Luncheon Party of 12

I thought of Chart House and Top of Daytona too but checking their hours, they do not open until afternoon.

Mentioned in this post
Chart House
Chart House
618 Reviews
Daytona Beach, FL
7. Re: Ocean Front Dining for Luncheon Party of 12

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2011, 04:16