We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving in Daytona Beach

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Thanksgiving in Daytona Beach

I am flying into Orlando on Thanksgiving Day.

Have learned to wear sensible shoes when going to the Speedway for Turkey Rod Run...with husband.

Is anyone else going to be in town for TRR ??

Thanksgiving Dinner will probably be at a Hooters somewhere or Chinese Food somewhere !!

Renata

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving in Daytona Beach

Again this year I will be in Thanksgiving for the Turkey rod run. I have only missed 2 times in twenty years. This year it will be me, the wife and the 19 year old son. Plans are to drive down Thanksgiving day and get there about dark and leave Sunday. The days will be at the track and the nights will be spent between the track and the shoppng center at Ormond beach on A1A.

Hopefully the weather will be nice as it has been in the past. Short sleeves in the day and light jackets at night. Hopefully next year we will have our 35 dodge pickup ready for the trip down.

Have fun and be safe.

John

Port Orange, Florida
Level Contributor
193 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving in Daytona Beach

We'll be there again for sure.

If you see a green 1973 Pontiac Ventura, it's us. Well, if you see any Pontiac Ventura, it's probably us!

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving in Daytona Beach

Jenni,

We will keep an eye out. I see you have what a 15 minute drive to the track?

John

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving in Daytona Beach

My husband will be the one drooling on the 1969 Roadrunners...

We spend the day at the track and nights at BellAire plaza....

Husband will be wearing CrossMembers car club jacket...

See ya there !! (so excited !!)

Renata

DAB
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving in Daytona Beach

Save your legs and skip the track and just go to Bellair Plaza...

Just be sure to get there early for the easiest picture taking.

I wonder how the charging for parking spaces will work out this year at Bellair Plaza, didn't make it up that way a couple of weeks ago for the Dream Cruise other than a drive by the first evening of the event.

Plenty of cars at the LaPlaya with just some gathering in the shopping center as I went by around dusk.

Check out my Picasa album for pics of past shows.

http://picasaweb.google.com/REDLINE426

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanksgiving in Daytona Beach

Murph,

We go down there just about every year. I have missed 2 in 20 plus years. The first day we usually spend in the swap meet and vendor area. Always looking for something for the toy. The second day we check out the cars. We make a habit to do the night time things at the track one night before heading to Bel Air. We will spend the second night at Bel Air. In the past few years things have changed at Bel Air. We are heading down Thursday this year so we will have 3 nights and 2 days.

7. Re: Thanksgiving in Daytona Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2011, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Daytona Beach
Recent Conversations