We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motels North of Daytona Beach Shores on beach

Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Motels North of Daytona Beach Shores on beach

Good evening TA friends. Wondering if this will be the year I find a motel that is north of Daytona / Ormond Beach that is oceanfront, rather small, with pool and just one of those places that you would drop in for a few days, Not worry about anything except, where to eat that night and should I go with a high SPF or not. Thinking of the casual way this year,, If you know of a motel in this area that even gets you up into the St. Augustine area, please let me know. I hope that you all have a great Friday night..

Tennessee Beachbums

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
9,007 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motels North of Daytona Beach Shores on beach

A1A is oceanfront from north of Ormond to the plush Hammock Dunes resort (there's motels across the road from the beach in Flagler Beach).

Google Maps shows one or two other places at Hammock. Then there's not much until Crescent Beach. You might look at TripAdvisor reviews or Google Maps for there and St. Augustine Beach. But bear in mind that driving is permitted on the beach, which is wide at low tide and has fine sand suited to barefoot running and bicycling.

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motels North of Daytona Beach Shores on beach

Have a look at this:

We stayed here many times years ago. Renovations have been made throughout the years. It is in Ormond by the Sea.

I would think Hammock Dunes as being pretty large and not what I would think you have in mind by your description but perhaps worth a look.

Level Contributor
1,486 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Motels North of Daytona Beach Shores on beach

The only motels I recall north of Ormond Beach are across the street from the ocean on A!A with the exception of one resort type area possibly. Things are much more sparce up that way as you get closer to St. Augustine. Also there are fewer places to eat unless you drive back to Ormond. I hope you find what you are looking for and have the best of times!

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
689 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Motels North of Daytona Beach Shores on beach

Starting with Daytona Beach Shores, the cities or towns going North would be:

Daytona Beach Shores

Daytona Beach

Ormond Beach

Flagler Beach

Beverly Beach

Palm Coast

Crescent Beach

Butler Beach

Saint Augustine Beach

Level Contributor
1,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Motels North of Daytona Beach Shores on beach

I do not see Cinnamon Beach.

6. Re: Motels North of Daytona Beach Shores on beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 15:17